Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

STRETCHING.... just cuious

websy21

I'm not really looking for advice on stretching as I bend the shit out of my muscles hard and long post workout. Depending on the exercises I will even do so during. I know Arnold was huge on this.

Just curious if you big bastards out there include stretching in your regimen and if you've seen any benefits from it? I am pretty damn flexible myself period and think its even more impressive for my size since I know I'm more agile than allot of my friends.

Also, I believe it helps with post workout related soreness too. Not saying it aids in recovery but I do believe I tend not to get knotted up as much and what not.

State your thoughts here guys...

I stretch EVERY muscle twice a day first thing in the morning and before bed holding it for about 30 seconds def helps with recovery :)

personally, I like to apply an extreme (weighted when possible), 60 second minimum, static stretch to the muscle right after working it when the muscle is warm. I do find this helps tremendously with my recovery.

i used to go get a deep tissue masage once per wk. i walked out of there bruized ans battered. no doubt that it worked. now i just have my wife dig her heals into me one muscle group per day before we go to bed. i also use the methods ceo stated on each muscle group right after i work them.

Some of the latest studies is actually showing that static stretching weakens the muscles. I'm not sure what to think of that yet, but I'm going to look into it.

Some of the latest studies is actually showing that static stretching weakens the muscles. I'm not sure what to think of that yet, but I'm going to look into it.

REALLY, wow, that is interesting although I don't believe that but who knows. I stretch ther shit out of my muscles post workout as, especially the ones that I just previously taxed. I like to stretch minorly between sets periodically too. I just like how it loosens the muscle up. Especially legs!

stretching is good stuff. definitely helps with recovery for me with little to no stiffness the next day. PLUS it feels nice to stretch after a set:p

Top Bottom