Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do DHT based steroids affect the prostate?

Of course they do. I'm surprised you started this thread Centeroiler considerin your knowledge and all the research you do. From reading your previous posts you've had prostate issues in the past and some of the gear you listed are some of the worse for your prostate. I wouldn't think they'd be good for you. Then again, hardly any AAS is good for someone with prostate issues.

Of course they do. I'm surprised you started this thread Centeroiler considerin your knowledge and all the research you do. From reading your previous posts you've had prostate issues in the past and . I wouldn't think they'd be good for you. Then again, hardly any AAS is good for someone with prostate issues.

Don't be surprised bro. Yes, I do a lot of research. But, there's still so much to learn and I haven't done Primo before, so don't lose faith in my "knowledge" haha :qt:

There's a couple of reasons for starting this thread. First, I plan my cycles ahead and tend not to just throw one together at the last minute. When I was planning my cycle my prostate was just a nuisance I could deal with, but things have changed. One major thing, I had hernia surgery, which has caused a lot of swelling and more than likely has inflamed my prostate. That could be the cause for it getting a little worse. I'm going for Flowmax tomorrow. I am very resistant to using Proscar/Propecia, even though I have some on hand.

As far as you saying "Of course they do", and "some of the gear you listed are some of the worse for your prostate", are you sure about that? I mean, are you saying that from personal experience? Or, are you basing that statement on the fact that Primo and Var are DHT based, and therefore must be harsh on your Prostate? There is more to it than that bro. If it were that simple then why are Primo and Var considered to be so low-androgenic?

Finally, it was good old testosterone that got me into this predicament, not Primo. There are a million opinions on this. I have researched and not found many, if any, bros saying from first-hand experience that Primo or Var or Proviron fucked up their prostate. Thats what I really need to know.

Na bro I'm not a Dr. or anything so you have to take my opinion for what it's worth. You're the research man lol! I was basing that strictly on that Primo and Var are DHT based which would lead me to believe that they would be worse on your prostate. Test is what got my prostate as well so I've been scared to try Primo and Var. I'd be interested if you kept us updated if you run them and your results though.

Yes. It comes and goes severity-wise. I've been taking supplementation with less than stellar effect. Any advice?

In general, any powerful androgen will cause the prostate to swell, which will give you symptoms of an enlarged prostate.

One product that I have had luck with (despite being on androgens) is New chapters Prostate 5LK. Its by far the most potent product Ive used for reducing prostate inflammation.

-Eric

In general, any powerful androgen will cause the prostate to swell, which will give you symptoms of an enlarged prostate.

One product that I have had luck with (despite being on androgens) is New chapters Prostate 5LK. Its by far the most potent product Ive used for reducing prostate inflammation.

-Eric

Thank you Eric, for the info on Prostate 5LX. I've never heard of it before, but I found some and ordered it. I especially want to give it a try because you say you had luck with it despite being on androgens. I'll use this and Flowmax.

I guess whatever I use (Primo, Tren, Test, Var) is going to have some impact on my already enlarged prostate, so I just have to deal with it.

Last edited:
Oddly enough, I read an article in the L.A. Times health section talking about the current modality and how it's changing in regards to prostate issues and test. Apparently there are doctors who are proving that prostate issues are a result of LOW test levels. These same docs are prescribing exogenous test for those men who have been "chemically" castrated in an effort to elevate quality of life. What they didn't expect to see was releif of prostate issues once HRT was started.
That's the jist of the article and I guess you can google it if need be. The article appeared in the L.A. times on either Tuesday or Wednesday, can't remember which day.
Anyway, I hope you get better and find some comfort with your issue.

Oddly enough, I read an article in the L.A. Times health section talking about the current modality and how it's changing in regards to prostate issues and test. Apparently there are doctors who are proving that prostate issues are a result of LOW test levels. These same docs are prescribing exogenous test for those men who have been "chemically" castrated in an effort to elevate quality of life. What they didn't expect to see was releif of prostate issues once HRT was started.
That's the jist of the article and I guess you can google it if need be. The article appeared in the L.A. times on either Tuesday or Wednesday, can't remember which day.
Anyway, I hope you get better and find some comfort with your issue.

Thank you bro. Its funny you bring this up. I came across a bunch of posts on other sites with guys saying the same thing. One had prostate problems and didn't go back on gear for over 9 months because he was afraid it would make it worse. Finally, he started a cycle and much to his surprise, his prostate improved dramatically. I've been reading quite a bit about a high estrogen:testosterone ratio being the culprit and this may be the main problem with BPH. More so than DHT.

One other thing, Primobolan and Anavar are not what I would consider powerful androgens. If they were they would have a much more pronounced virilization effect on the women that use them. I think the fact that they are DHT based accounts for the automatic, and hopefully incorrect, assumption that they will be bad on the prostate. I'm going to find out soon and I'm really hoping thats not the case (bad on the prostate). I'm going to run a minimum amount of arimidex to take excess estrogen out of the equation. Also, I'm running the full compliment of prostate supplements with Flowmax. I also have Propecia on hand as a last resort for excess testosterone conversion.

Last edited:
http://www.musclesweb.net/blog/steroid-facts/ Cool... here is the link to the source word 4 word on this. You should include it when you use others information..:)
Steroid Facts

- Steroids cause BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia)

Possible. BPH is enlargement of the prostate, that usually effects only older men. But, if you use steroids for years, then BPH will probably affect you. Getting BPH from steroids, would depend on how susceptible you are and how long you have used Steroids. Many users of steroids notice a enlarging of their prostate after a while on cycle, making it slighlty more difficult to urinate. There is controversy over what really causes BPH naturally in men, but DHT is thought to be just one possible component. DHT is converted from testosterone in the body and is 3.5 times more androgenic than testosterone. DHT is what gives men their masculinizing sex effects on the body. All androgenic steroids stimulate the same receptors on the prostate (to various degrees called the androgenic to anabolic ratio) in the same way DHT does.

Another mechanism by which BPH might be caused from steroid use, is due to low testosterone levels post cycle. Low testosterone levels and high estrogen, like as seen with post cycle and hypo gonadal men, can actually cause BPH. Many men have had a reduction in BPH when they were treated clinically with testosterone replacement therapy for low testosterone. The prostate usually shrinks back eventually after a steroid cycle, once your testosteron levels get back to normal, but over time I would think this may lead to a more permanent enlargement effect.

- Steroids increase risk of prostate cancer

Myth. For years doctors thought testosterone (steroids) caused prostate cancer itself by “awakening” a slow hidden growing cancer. This is why men who went on HRT (hormone replacement therapy), would get a PSA test to assess their risk for prostate cancer. As time goes on more and more studies are showing prostate cancer is not due to testosterone levels at all and therefore steroid use wouldn’t have any correlation with prostate cancer. This makes logocial sense to me, since younger men would be getting prostate cancer due to the high testosterone levels. It’s also worth to note, that the prostate holds up to 600 times the level of carcinogens as the rest of the body. I believe the risk of Prostate cancer is mainly caused bytoxins and other genetic factors. This is why it was shown in recent studies, that men who ejaculated more frequently in the 20’s, had less likely chance of prostate cancer later in life. Ejaculation helps the flushing of the prostate from cancer from these toxins. Some research studies are also showing increased risk of prostate cancer based on genetics, race, diets, and environmental factors.

And on the Eighth Day, God created Flowmax.

Man, I should have got this a lot sooner! Highly recommended for bros with prostate issues. It has almost completely relieved my symptoms. Of course, I didn't have it too bad. Ideally, now the supplement formulas can go to work reversing/arresting the enlargement.

Top Bottom