Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IUD and var....

Not that it would be unsafe but some what counter productive as she is getting a low does progestron from the IUD. Why not go old fashioned copper t?

I wouldn't even think of doing it

The IUS can only be fitted by a qualified medical practitioner. The device should be inserted according to the manufacturer's instructions using aseptic technique to avoid introduction of bacteria into the uterus. Antibiotics should be given before insertion to women at high risk for endocarditis (inflammation of the inner layer of the heart), but should not be used routinely.

During the placement appointment, the cervix is dilated in order to sound (measure) the uterus and insert the IUS. Cervix dilation is uncomfortable and, for some women, painful. Doctors often advise women to take painkillers before the procedure to reduce pain and discomfort, and some may even use a local anaesthetic. Insertion may be more comfortable if done midcycle, when the cervix is naturally dilated.

Once in place, the IUS is approved for birth control for up to 5 years. The cumulative 5-year pregnancy rate is estimated to be 0.7%.

Infections can also accur !

I wouldn't even think of doing it

The IUS can only be fitted by a qualified medical practitioner. The device should be inserted according to the manufacturer's instructions using aseptic technique to avoid introduction of bacteria into the uterus. Antibiotics should be given before insertion to women at high risk for endocarditis (inflammation of the inner layer of the heart), but should not be used routinely.

During the placement appointment, the cervix is dilated in order to sound (measure) the uterus and insert the IUS. Cervix dilation is uncomfortable and, for some women, painful. Doctors often advise women to take painkillers before the procedure to reduce pain and discomfort, and some may even use a local anaesthetic. Insertion may be more comfortable if done midcycle, when the cervix is naturally dilated.

Once in place, the IUS is approved for birth control for up to 5 years. The cumulative 5-year pregnancy rate is estimated to be 0.7%.

Infections can also accur !
I have gotten 2 IUD's put in never had to take a pain killer or anti biotics if the Dr. is decent there is very little pain just a slight discomfort.

I was lucky enought to have my period last time which makes it easier as your slightly dilated. The worsed pain last time was not even when he put it in it's when he was measuring hit the top of my cirvix.

The benefits to a non hormonal copper-t IUD fair out way the risks IMHO. Oral BC and most hormanal based BC's lead to many issues such as cancer and blood clots.

Oral bc has cleared up my fiacias acne and crushed her sex drive, been off a month now and back to normal, superqt thanks for advice she is going to doctors apoointment tom afternoon to check into iud, I believe she will probably be reffered to a gyno. Will be interesting to hear what tge doc has to say this go around!! One thing we do know now is that oral bc is out, if iud is not good either im looking at banking some swimmers and gettin snipped, see what the wk brings!
Radar havent heard of that info before...interesting
Superqt thanks for the advice

Sent from my GT-S5830D using Tapatalk

Top Bottom