Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why wont the belly go??

Bazrazmataz

Hi

Ive been on a diet for just over 5 weeks now and have lost a lot of weight around 17 lbs at last weigh in which was on the 1st of feb. My training consists of doing a body part a day heavyish full intensity. Followed by some around 15-20 of treadmil running, 30 mins eliptical both high intensity and then followed up with some calf raises and situps every day. I Have one day off a week. Some days i cut my treadmil run and in the morning run up and down the beach. My diet is super clean with low carb, high Protien volume.

The main aim of my diet and training is to reduce fat and increase my running speed and capacity for a upcoming fitness test.

No doubt the diet is working as im loosing weight and my face has lost a lot of weight problem is my belly just wont shift ! Is there a reason for this ? or something i can do for some spot reduction ?

Cheers

Re: Why wont the belly go ??

youi can't spot reduce
give it time and change your diet a little and your workout .
calf / abs don't have to be trained every day ........i personally think that they should be train as any other muscle of the body . you have tyo give those rest to grow .you know ?
you should also post some stat's about diet , training and body composition ......that would make it easier to help you out

Well im 14 st 11, muscluar but with a decent bit of fat i was a former full time 19st bodybuilder but my focus has changed since then. Sorry i train the claves every other day they are so weak that they make it hard when i run and i need them up to speed.

My Diet Conists of

Bfast - Protien Shake with water, Cheerios + semi skim milk or 2 Bits of weight Watchers Toast and sometimes a black plain coffee

I Train around 2 hours after bfast

Post Training Protien Shake with water

Lunch (i work nights so have my main meal around 2ish) Pork/Chicken/Lean steak Grilled george foreman grill, portion of vegtables and 1 serving of low fat cottage cheese.

Evening meal - Either Packet of low fat chicken chunks or 1 can of tuna in springwater/

Before Bed - Protien shake with water.

After 2 pm its hard for me to take on any more food as i work full time nights. Every 3 days i have a high carb day with quality high grain carb sources with every meal.

Hi there,

yup, you cannot spot reduce. Having a belly is just a matter of Body Fat %. Both men and women tend to accumulate fat easily in different body areas.

Only way to see that belly go is to recuce your body fat %... you may need to go to the very lower 10's to see the results you need.

Some peopel need to go to 6 - 8% before they can see any abs... (I know you don't want to see abs), but your body will drop the fat last where it has been longer...

Acording to a body fat machine i have its says my body mass index is 29 % mind this thing only cost a couple of pounds and i do not think it can possibly take into account the large amount of muscle mass i have because i would no way say im that high

Body mass index its just a cheapo machine you put ur height and weight in and then hold two metal pads.

Think of fat loss like draining a pond from the center, the areas around the bank will disapate 1st, and the area in the middle will be last.

This is why u can see the fat loss in your face and extremedies 1st, but unfortunatley, pintoca is right , you may have to get your bf down to the low 10s, before the dredded love handles/mid section are affected !

Thats just the way it is....

It's already been said - it's just the amount of bodyfat you have and where your body likes to store it.

How about you get a body fat test done - old fashion calipers will do well.

Top Bottom