Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

weight watchers

ZGzaZ

hey guys and ladies, my best friend's girlfriend and i are having a fight about her diet...shes on the weight watchers diet, where a point value is for each food and you have a certain # of points to spend in a day. I dont feel like on that diet you get enough food to lose FAT...sure you'll lose weight, as you will with any calorie deficient program....but im talking FAT....she does cardio 4-5 times a week, and thus would need more food. What kinds of things would you tell her? or do you agree with the diet?

With everything we know now, any diet that doesn't penalize you for eating sugar is just stupid. My wife was on that (now she is low carb thank God) was munching on fat-free (ie extra sugar) cookies all the time. But yet a nice steak took every point she had for a day:rolleyes:

Not only would she need slightly more calories (unless the cardio is following some kinda guidelines suggested by Weight Watchers) she should be doing some kinda lifting program too. Not to mention that the last WW program that I saw, was WAY low in protein (not sure of any current program as I haven't been anywhere near WW in over a decade, but I bet it's still the same if a nice steak takes up a full days point total)

The thing that I hate about weight watchers is that they have a point system for every resturant too. This is every thing from Krispy Kreme doughnut to Taco Bell....I dont understand. I know someone that is on weight watchers and uses up her points everday eating fast food, and frozen sweets like lowfat ice cream. I will never understand weight watchers.........

well in theory it would work cos you'll probably run a calorie defecit

If all you eat is 3 doughnuts a day you're probably still not getting enough calories and hence slim. My younger brother eats crap frankly and lives of muffins and pizza yet he eats very sparingly some days but is very lean. When he was training before his exams he got very very shredded up and he only trained once or twice a week.

It made me jealous!
For the weight watchers crowd what they have is probably enough to satisfy them. The b4 and after pics make me think cos ok they were huge before but they're still pretty chubby after. If u wanna be lean then for sure, weight watchers aint the way to go!

Top Bottom