Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

trying to drop weight

Deltrain

i weigh 240 im 6'4" and im trying to drop down to 220. What type of calorie intake do i need to drop the pounds.

Just read up on this board. Tons of other ppl have wanted to and have done what you want. There's full out diet and workout plans. Lots of stuff could be repeated...but it is unnecessary.

It depends on what your caloric intake is daily right now? How many calories do you eat a day currently?

um giarc, no , that statement is incorrect. If you eat less than maintenance calories, then you lose. If you eat more, you will either pack on muscle, or fat, or both.

seriously though, 90% of the posts in this forum are the same questions just with different age, names, weight, and height! !

peace

blood_drinker- So how is my satement incorrect? everyones caloric intake is different. Some people require more than others. You can't find out how many calories you need to intake to lose weight without knowing how many you take in daily. Am I right? or no? :)

Unfortunately, if weight loss were as simply as reducing one's caloric intake, the multi-billion dollar diet industry wouldn't exist. It's not that simple folks. Ask the millions of people who are on a calorie reduced diet right now.

Reducing one's caloric intake causes the body to down-regulate metabolism to match. The result: Calories are lower and so it your metabolism. The desperate dieter drops calories further - or even worse - increases his aerobics, and the metabolism takes a nose dive, and muscle tissue is sacrificed. Say goodbye to fatloss, and hello to a smaller flabbier version of your heavier self.

The dieter eventually gives up hope and resumes normal eating. However this time things are a bit different in that bodyfat comes on just as fast, but the lost muscle tissue takes much longer to put back on, not to mention the metabolism is now much slower than it was when you began. The result: The next attempt at weightloss is even more difficult than the previous. The typical "yo-yo" diet.

The whole point of the story is that drastic calorie reduction is NOT the means to permanent bodyfat loss. A small decrease in calorie intake over a longer period of time is best. If it took you 10 years to put the fat on, don't expect to shed it permanently in 10 weeks. Like a faithful housepet, it will surely return.

Top Bottom