Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post what you think are the 5 top foods to avoid

LivinLarger

Here are mine in no particular order:

1. Non Diet Soda
2. French Fries
3. Potato Chips
4. Pastries Dognuts/etc
5. Candy
My GF and I argue about this all the time she says that Diet makes you fatter because of all the sodium. I say she's nuts, I hate to see her starving herself to stay thin and then drinking a regular mountain dew after her tiny plate of food. I wish she would listen to me.
What are your top 5 foods to avoid?

------------------
LL.gif

My husband won't drink diet soda, but he's a competing cyclist--he burns that sugar up in about 2 minutes!

I drink so much water, like everyone else posting here, that sodium has little chance to linger in my system. (I saw your post on the women's board, and it's hard to convince skinny but fat (high BF%) people.

I have trouble staying away from:

Butter slathered on anything
Cheese
Chips of any type.

-Regular soda
-"fat free" snacks (i.e., extra sugar)
-potato chips
-French Fries
-White bread

These are just a few things that I'll never eat (or drink), just because they're NEVER really a good thing.

-alcohol
-cheddar cheese doritoes
-high fat hot dogs/sausages
-cream filled donuts
-corndogs

I'm sure there is worse but anything worse I probably wouldn't consider "food" LOL

Hehe, this is a cool thread. I was just reading some fast food nutrients and Cyberdiet.com, and from my research, these are the DEVIL foods:

1. McFlurry or Dairy Queen frozen yogurt w/ oreos, m and m, and other goodies
-- god, i love this treat. Too bad one cup is like 600 calories and 80 carbs.

2. Omlettes
-- yes, yes, Essential fats and protein. But the calorie content in one of these babies is outragaeous. Think i'm kidding, look in the Denny's section in cyberdiet.com, and check for omlettes. Unless they cook like 6 eggs (1 whole egg is 90 calories) in one large omlette, the calorie content is around 900 calories. I rather have chicken or steak.

3. Fried Chicken w/ Skin
--Oh god. Just look at the skin. Its oily, fatty, and weird white shit that look like the ooze/puss from pimples. But fuck, it taste soooooo good.

4. Double Whooper w/cheese and mayo
--mmm. microwaved meat and soggy bun. But hey, with 1010 calories, its just half of the daily recommended allowance for a normal person.

5. Cheesecake
--i love this treat. Its just good. But for many, the thought of eating a whole cheese cake is unbearable. Melted lard...mmm.

Oh yeah,
I my experience, excess sodium will make u BLOAT up.

Last year for three months, i would consume cole-cut meats on three seperate intervals during the day. Needless to say, the excess sodium made my stomach appear to be "overweight." By cutting the sodium, i noticed immediate size differences.

Hydrogenated Fats
These are mostly man-made fats that are used in bakery items and stick margarine. Studies show that it isn't so much how much fat there is in your diet that causes problems, as what kind of fat, and hydrogenated fats are the worst. Avoid buying cookies, crackers, baked goods or anything else that has hydrogenated oil on the ingredient list. So far, hydrogenated fats don't have to be listed on the nutrition panel as saturated fats do, but the Center for Science in the Public Interest is campaigning hard for the FDA to require it.

Alcohol
This one item has created more problems than all the rest put together. Of course, it is possible to consume alcohol wisely and safely and enjoy it immensely, such as a fine glass of wine with a delicious dinner. But even if you exercise caution in no other area of your diet, this is the area where you should.

Saturated Animal Fats
That means fatty meats, especially beef and pork, or the skin on poultry. It also includes full-fat dairy products such as cheese, milk and cream. Fatty meat and dairy products do have some contributions to make to a diet, but none that can't be found elsewhere.

Soda
Drinking soda is a poor way to get fluids. They are full of sugar or artificial sweeteners and often contain caffeine, artificial colors and flavors. Substitute homemade soda by mixing sparkling water with fresh, 100 percent juice.

High-Fat Snacks, Chips
Even if they are made with vegetable oil, they should be minimized. The balance of fat in our diets has shifted too far to the omega-6 variety, found in most processed vegetable oils. It is thought that too many of these fats may be leading to certain chronic diseases. Instead, focus on fruits and non-fat whole grains for snacking.

Those are my picks!

the very worst thing for me of all things is bubble gum...I love the stuff but if ever there was empty calories that must be it.
Other than that, I happily keep away from alcohol, butter, fast food and non-diet drinks.

Top Bottom