Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

microwaving plastic containers danger

Grace4

I microwave my three daily meals 24-7, at the gym before work out , lunch at work and dinner at home, I have seen some studies recommending people to stay away from those plastic containers especially using them to heat up foods because when they get really hot chemicals leach out of the container into the food and all that crap will go in to your body increasing risk of cancer and high toxicity of liver an intestines, what do you guys know about it? thanks for opinions.

My personal opinion - it's bro science and the media trying to create a story.

Microwaves are only slightly stronger then radio waves. They are no where near the strength of X rays or anything like that. I highly doubt microwaves could actually melt the plastic and have it leak into your food.

If you are overly concerned then buy glass Tupperware but I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's the least of your issues. You take in way more toxins just standing outside and breathing in car fumes.

I do the same thing every day. I heat up all my pre made meals in plastic containers. I think you would have to heat them really high to where they melt. If you are concerned, make sure to get BPA free containers or glass containers.

My personal opinion - it's bro science and the media trying to create a story.

Microwaves are only slightly stronger then radio waves. They are no where near the strength of X rays or anything like that. I highly doubt microwaves could actually melt the plastic and have it leak into your food.

If you are overly concerned then buy glass Tupperware but I don't think you have anything to worry about. It's the least of your issues. You take in way more toxins just standing outside and breathing in car fumes.

Lol, that is so true.

Even though microwaving might affect the micronutrient value of food, I do not think the plastic will melt. Unless you buy cheap ass tupperware and heat the food on the highest parameters for a long time. Maybe then. But otherwise you are safe.

Top Bottom