Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just can't lose weight

rodneyonline

Okay to make a long story short... 34 years old 315lbs 5'8 and got married 1 1/2years ago. Before I was married I weighted 260. My metabolism is SLOW, VERY SLOW. I eat once a day (dinner) and do cardio 1 hour a day 5 days a week.
I've tried Xenadrine, Hot Stuff and Metabolift. Nothing works!
Doctors are stumped and my friends tell me to do the "Al Roker" but no one is cutting this big boy.

Anyone have any hints, tips or miracle pills?!
(And don’t say “Stop eating” because that’s not the case)

RO

Well, for one, only eating once a day is only hurting your metabolism. The first step is to start eating more often, even if it is small amounts. Cut your carbs and refined sugars, eliminate any soft drinks. Start lifting 4 or 5 days a week and cut your cardio to around 3 days a week.

Eat more, thats for sure. One meal a day could push your body into a starvation state, which means you will lose muscle mostly, and not much fat

I'm just going to reiterate what everyone's said so far... Eating once a day is about the worst thing you can do. Figure out your RMR (resting metabolic rate) and go from there... eat 5-6 meals a day... get a good exercise program going... and most importantly, STICK WITH IT. You're not going to go to sleep one night and wake up a changed person. It takes time and patience.

Okay, first thanks for the enlightening responses... but eat more? I'm assuming you mean like very small meals throughout the day. What do you recommend cardio wise? I think at my weight, running is bad for the knees.

Thanks again

According to this page: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calrmr.htm, your RMR (resting metabolic rate) is 2408 calories/day. I'd say take 2000 calories, split it up between 5-6 meals and go from there.

As for cardio... if you don't want to run, just walk or ride a bike or use an elliptical trainer. Just make sure you're doing something for 30-45 minutes a day. A lot of people feel that cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach yields better results, so that might be worth checking out if you can fit that into your schedule.

I concur with what everyone has said. If you're taking THERMO's, you need to be doing something for them to work! You can't be sitting around leasurly watching TV popping Xenadrine/Hydroxycut and not do any exercise. Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day with fibrous veggies and poultry/lean meats. Drink plenty of water and do light/moderate exercise 1st thing in the morning on an empty stomack for 30-45 min and wait about an hour afterwards until you eat, IMO...Good luck and keep us posted :)

Have you thought about joining weight watchers? I mean no offense, but you seem to have no clue about eating the right way! Eating once a day!!! That's awful. No only are you hurting your metabolism but you are probably so hungry that you are eating everything in sight. Did you ever hear the phrase, "eat to lose". Well believe it or not it's true! Look into weight watchers. It really helped me lose 20 pounds! It's not a girl only thing and it works really, really well for men! If you don't have the means to afford it, let me know. I have all the material and I can help you. Here are some things I have learned:

1) eat 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. This is what keeps you feeling full.
2) Eat 5-6 small meals a day. Basically this means taking 3 regular meals and breaking them up into 6.
3) eat every 2-3 hours. Do not let 4 hours go by without eating.
4) start your day off with a good breakfast. This is so important!! I usually eat egg whites and oatmeal in the am.

Don't believe this DIET crap. Eating the right way is not a diet, it's a way of life. You would be suprised at what eating the right way can do for you.

I lost 15 pounds just from eating the right way. I thought I knew everything about dieting. I never listened to anyone, then weight watchers really opened my eyes.

Please contact me if you need any help! I would love to help you!!! Good luck!

Oh, and on the womens board a few of us(guys and girls) are doing a 6 week challenge. Why don't you join. Then you can have a goal to shoot for! We'll get you straightened out! Don't worry!

If you are concerned about running or other cardio, start doing a weight lifting program. I lost the most weight while doing high rep compound exercises like squats, power cleans, stuff like that. Personally, I believe that the best thing for losing weight and keeping muscle is using a high rep weight workout as cardio with some walking thrown in ever once in a while. IMO also you need to eat every three hours, its a pain in the a** but I believe it forces your metabolism to speed up , even with a lower calorie intake. Good luck

Top Bottom