Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent fasting

Hey, just wondering in here does intermittent fasting or has tried it?

I've been doing it non-stop for about a year and a half. It has been the most successful diet I have tried for getting and staying lean while retaining and even building the most muscle. I have tried cuts in the past that I lost too much mass and with intermittent fasting I haven't had that problem. It also allows me to stay at 6-8% bodyfat year round now even during the "bulking" season. The diet also happens to be very forgiving compared to other methods IMO, and allows much more freedom to have more dirty or cheat meals.

I've just recently started reading Brad Pilon's Eat stop Eat ... and it opened my eyes! It makes SOOOO MUCH SENSE. As soon as I'm done with my current bulking routine, I am switching over to IF and I'll probably stick to it for a loooooooooong time to come!

I've tried it in the past but I workout first thing am and BCAAs didn't give me the umph that I needed for my lifts. I like eating small meals not a couple of big ones. I think this is more of a guy type of diet but I'm sure there are some gals that like to eat big, less often. I'm fasting via Eat Stop Eat starting tomorrow. I think it might be more my style. It's tough going from full on eating to nothing for 24-hrs., though. Really tough. It takes 2-3 days for hunger pangs to go away on a fast (hence, you're entering ketosis) and this is just 24 hrs. at a time. Hopefully you get used to it, as I've heard.

^^^ Well, Rayca, let me know how it goes as I am certainly going to try it myself ... although it's going to be hard at first, I know. Being on a bulker currently, I really eat big portions a LOT through the day, so getting my body and metabolism to accept the new routine without killing me is not something I look forward to. I am at the point now where, if I ate at 10am and I don't snack at 11am and then miss my noon-time lunch by 10 minutes, I break out in a sweat and start shaking and feel allshite-like until about 7-10 minutes after eating, then I feel good again.

I love this I.F. way of dieting than any other diet ive tried. You can make this a lifestyle eating habit and make great progress. Before i started i weight 249.5 lbs and ive can down to 214.5 lbs and feel great. My blood pressure was high and cholestrol was high. After this diet i lost the weight and my blood work is back to normal. I keep preaching I.F diet to co-workers and family hoping they try it for a little while. This is my way of eating heathy for life.

This looks interesting. I tried it in the past but wasn't able to stay on it longer then a few weeks.

Top Bottom