Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you pay for chicken breasts?

Mr.Evil

It seems Albertson's prices fluxuate based on the time of the week. 1 day its, 1.99 / pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, and a day later its back up to 2.99 / pound for the same.

Not sure if there is a chicken shortage going on or something, but it gets tough to keep up with the better pricing.

Where do you get yours and how much do you pay?

If you buy them in the non-frozen section, it's like $4.69/lb. I did that for the longest time before I finally found out where they kept their frozen chicken.

Problem is, I can get their frozen chicken for similiar prices. I refer to this packaged chicken as the "Bachelor Pack". But I dont really like the frozen breast w/rib meat and bones. I've tried it, but it seems to be a royal pain in the ass to dethaw them and get them to grill and not be so tuff from dethawing.

The fresh chicken makes it easy to just throw on the grill when I want, rather than worring about dethawing. Even if I freeze the fresh chicken, it comes out better tasting than the "bachleor packs" in the frozen section.

Yeah, it definitely does.... but it's just so damn expensive. I saw at Harris Teeter they had frozen chicken, 5lbs for $11.99, buy one get one free, so I went crazy with it. Turns out there were 3 chicken breasts per bag in there from like giant mutant chickens or something. Over a pound each. Frickin crazy.

"How much do you pay for chicken breasts?"

Why buy the chicken if you could get the breasts for free?

Oh wait, I think that`s milk??? or cows? oh well.

I get it at Costco too, in bulk it`s cheaper I guess.

Wow! You guys pay a lot for your chicken! I can almost always get nice butterfly breasts for $1.99/lb. My local grocery store puts them on sale for $1.49/lb quite often...I always stock up when they do! I'd go broke spending $4/lb!!!!

I don't pay anything over $1.99/lb. I have shop rite, pathmark, A&P and some farmer markets by me - we usually shop around - but every week, one of these stores has them for that price; this week. shop rite has them for $1.76/lb. - boneless.

Top Bottom