Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Glycerol Calories... Count'em or not?!?

akrama

What's the deal with glycerine? Almost every protein bar has glycerol. Does the body use those calories from Glycerine at all ? I know that they have no impact on the body insulin release which is great for dieting. However, I am dying to know if their calories are used at all by the body.

The reason is those of us who are monitoring the daily caloric intake, this is very important information as many bars contain up to 24 grams of glycerine which could be equivalent or close to 100 calories a bar.

I really wished none of bars contained the stuff. It's very misleading if you're counting cals.

Anyone knows anything????

I appreciate the info.

You're right, it doesn't have an effect on glucose levels in the blood.... but, it is like alcohol. The calories count. I just count protein and fat grams, and total calories, and the carbs fall into place. So, I guess I count glycerine calories as carbs.

Yup... That's what I've been doing as well. However, I have been counting 4 cal per gram of glycerine. Is that correct ?

Top Bottom