Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Brown Rice White Rice Brown Pasta Yellow Pasta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadrink

Hey guys

Ok, so im starting out on gaining mass. You know the usuale upper body, lower body. Thats Mass as well as Muscle, dont forget. And before I start going to the gym I want to know what im going to have to eat. Because I understand that the food you eat is the biggest contributing factor to gaining weight.

So firstly. What should I be eating. Brown rice or white? Same goes for pasta. Brown or Yellow

While were here, I may as well ask for bread too. Why Wholemeal and not White bread? Isnt wholemeal going to make me thinner? Please help me out here. Im so confused

:jenscat

Also I would like to create some kind of a list. So I can watch everything I eat and make sure im getting the needed amount of energy, carbs, protein, fiber etc. So what do you guys suggest I do? Is there some kind of a website that tells you how many calories is in certain foods and there amounts.

I would say eat as clean as you can at about 500 calories over your maintenance level per day. It's no use gaining 20 lbs of "mass" if 10 or 15 lbs of it are fat that you will have to burn off later. Also, I use fitday.com to track my macros and my progress. It's free, it has tons of useful stuff and you can add your own nutrition info if you eat something you cant find on the list. Plus it lets you see trends over time that you might otherwise overlook.

well when it comes to rice, white rice is nothing more than brown rice with the bran removed. The bran contains protien, fatty acids, and nutrients. In general brown rice is considered to be healthier but white rice digests much faster. It really depends on the person. As far as getting fat, if you eat white rice your chances of this happening are much higher. If you want to spike your inslin levels post workout for a maximum anabolic effect then white rice is the way to go. I believe you should view your food as if it is energy, and only take in the energy requirements to meet your goals. So if you are bulking and you want to put on mass, white rice post workout is the way to go, if you are eating it post workout. Any other time of the day Id opt for brown rice as its just healthier and its a better source of protein and slow digesting carbs to keep your muscles fueled longer, instead of causing a huge spike for one part of the day.

when it comes to pasta and bread, i really cant say cause i dont eat either of these things. Pasta and bread contain gluten based proteins, no matter if its white or brown. These cause inflammation in the body and can be harmful on the gi tract and the joints, especially those who are gluten intolerant or sensitive these foods can reek havoc on the body and cause all sorts of stomach discomfort, acid reflux, joint pain, digestive issues ect. If you dont have these problems then eat away but I wouldn't recommend eating tons of gluten but if you do id opt for whole grain as there is more fiber based carbs and it would be harder to get fat eating these.

Bumping a 4 year old thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom