Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

bread choices

pact

what kind of breads do you eat and why? i'm thinking dark rye or whole wheat would be best
thanks

I haven't had bread for over 5 months on my diet.

I had bread all the time before my diet, with each meal.
I just love it and would eat 1/2 a loaf with each meal.:p

If you are going to eat bread, and I assume you are or you wouldn't be asking which kind is best. Whole grain breads are the most heart healthy and provide the most fiber but in terms of "best" I can't say. Best tasting? Best for fiber? Best for staring at in your refridgerator and thinking about how bad you want some carbs cause you havn't eaten any in ten days . . oh wait thats another story. . .

thanks guys, i'll definately cut back, but to specify i'd like the least refined or the one with the least simple sugars, a little protein content wouldn't hurt in it either. Is avoiding bread a little sacrifice or is it quite detrimental if i'm looking to stay trim?
thanks

If you keep it to no more than 2 or 3 slices of high fiber, whole grain bread, it will not hurt you. I have been eating at least 2 or 3 slices almost every day for as long as I can remember and I am 5-6% bodyfat. There is a bread called "Women's Bread" as fruity as it may sound it contains 10 grams of fiber and 14 grams (yes 14 grams) of protein for 2 slices of this wonderful bread. They sell it at any health food store.

Why is bread so bad? A slice is usually 75-100 calories, and 15-20 grams carbs. A slice of good whole grain bread has more fiber than a serving of rice. So why do precontest bodybuilders avoid it, and stick to oatmeal, rice, and potatoes?

real rhy bread i low on the glycemic index list, many avoid breads due to their effect on insulin output, not only to eat lower carb. regular bread, even whole wheat, still has a pretty high glycemic index.

Top Bottom