Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

yo, Photography bitches.

Dial_tone

MVP
EF VIP
This weekend I'll be taking pics of bike racing indoors. Some action and some stills. I have a Canon Powershot A610 which has a fair amount of manual control but I know zero about photography beyond point and shoot. I don't know if I can use flash during racing. The camera has indoor shooting modes but if I can't use flash don't I need a slower shutter speed which will blur action?

Last edited:
Good....how are you?

Strange I guess...

Not sure how to answer. Let's just say that things will most likely be getting A WHOLE LOT better for us but I wont know for sure for a few weeks. Till that time, I just hang out and take care of my kids when they are with me and when they are not, I hang out and get taken care of. LOL

So you married yet baby?

The flash won't reach far enough to help. If you use the flash, you'll have well-illuminated pictures of the backs of the heads of the people in front of you.

Unless the place is well lit, shutter speeds will be too slow to stop the action. The trick is to pan the camera with the action. When you get it right, the bike will be reasonable and the backgrounds will be blurred, giving an impression of speed.

If you can't get close, don't bother. In this case, close means one bike and rider should be able to almost fill the image.

Is the Powershot A610 a digital camera, or film? If it's a film camera, is it an SLR, or a rangefinder/viewfinder type? What kind of lens does it have?

Beached Whale said:
Strange I guess...

Not sure how to answer. Let's just say that things will most likely be getting A WHOLE LOT better for us but I wont know for sure for a few weeks. Till that time, I just hang out and take care of my kids when they are with me and when they are not, I hang out and get taken care of. LOL

So you married yet baby?

nope, doesn't look like it will happening anytime in the near future either.

Dial_tone said:
nope, doesn't look like it will happening anytime in the near future either.

Wasn't there a girl that you were thinking about doing that nasty thing called "marriage" with?

In the case of film, it is all about the films ASA speed..
Go with an 800 ASA speed film and you may not need a flash.

If you can, change the ASA setting on the digital camera , but be ready for some blur.. In this instance you are probably screwed unless they have bright lights.

Beached Whale said:
Wasn't there a girl that you were thinking about doing that nasty thing called "marriage" with?

still is but things have cooled a little bit.

It's pretty well lit.

02b.jpg

Top Bottom