Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thinking about moving to Atlanta

Delinquent

My fiance and I recently stayed there and were really impressed at the lifestyle compared to Orlando. The whole mid, up, and downtown parts are really cool especially Buckhead for the nightlife. We've lived here all our lives and looking for a change. It seems that Homes go for less up there from what I can see but I'm unsure as to what part of Atlanta some of the homes are located. I'm also thinking about going to GT for biology and with Zoo Atlanta being right there, it would be a good place to get internships. Douglasville along with other cities around Atlanta seem to be really nice from looking at the houses. I have even found nice houses with an acre of land in Atlanta itself which is really cool. Can the people living there give any suggestion as to what part would be the best for me? We're looking for a home within the 170,000-210,000 range. Thanks

Dude

You live in Orlando? Get the fuck out ASAP. Jeezus fuck. Even the nice parts of O town suck. Nightlife in Orlando? Church street? or do you hang out at cowboys? lol

OK I will stop.

ATL is a great city. You can find plenty of housing there in that range. A good friend just got a townhouse in Smyrna for $200K and it is really nice. If you want a house and a yard, the ATL suburbs provide all that. I lived in Vinings when I was there - a little bit more in the city than Douglasville or the others.

Might want to look at Roswell, Smyrna, Marietta, Alpharetta / Duluth (a little bit out of there but not too far).

WHatever you do, get out of disney town though. ASAP.

Atlanta is the epitomy of a good city in America. You have a great nightlife and greater even business opportunities. And the weather is pretty nice except no beach close by which sucks. One the homes you'll probably get the nice homest closet to the city in Cobb in Marietta or Smynra.

Last edited:
Those prices want buy you much around here. At least close to the city anyways. DONT move to Smyrna. Unless you are mexican you will be GREATLY outnumbered. Marietta is about the same. The places that are nice are HIGH !! Where did you find a affordable acre of land in Atlanta. Ican assure you that it is NOT in a part of town you want to live. D'ville is ok. I live 12 miles from D'ville and 13 miles from Marietta. I have lived here my whole live. I can tell you where you do and do not want to live. Buckhead is ok to party. Virginia Highlands is nicer and a lot safer. Buckhead is full of damn hulligans now.

maxpain said:
Those prices want buy you much around here. At least close to the city anyways. DONT move to Smyrna. Unless you are mexican you will be GREATLY outnumbered. Marietta is about the same. The places that are nice are HIGH !! Where did you find a affordable acre of land in Atlanta. Ican assure you that it is NOT in a part of town you want to live. D'ville is ok. I live 12 miles from D'ville and 13 miles from Marietta. I have lived here my whole live. I can tell you where you do and do not want to live. Buckhead is ok to party. Virginia Highlands is nicer and a lot safer. Buckhead is full of damn hulligans now.

Marietta is fairy nice over by powers ferry road. that's the area I stay. The Vinnings area is nice too. You just need to stay the hell away from South Cobb Drive although together thought. The really nice areas like Ashford Dunwoody and Alpharetta are kinda too expensive for what you get IMO.

maxpain said:

Cool.....I did a show in Dvill last year

They did just take those stickers off their science textbooks that stipulated 'evolution is a theory, not a fact'. So it is a progressive place ;)

RaZor Ramon said:
Marietta is fairy nice over by powers ferry road. that's the area I stay. The Vinnings area is nice too. You just need to stay the hell away from South Cobb Drive although together thought. The really nice areas like Ashford Dunwoody and Alpharetta are kinda too expensive for what you get IMO.

Powers Ferry (east coob) is nice. But he wont find a house for 170 there. Maybe a hut but not a house. Yes, as razor says stay as far away from South Cobb Dr. (Smyrna) as you can get. Vinings is high as hell too. Especially inside 285. Some people call Atlanta Rd. vinings. Atlanta Rd. is not vinings.

Top Bottom