Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

a question for the sushi eating people

stilleto

ELITE MENTOR
EF VIP
when you get sushi, if you sit at the sushi bar or get takeout, do you tip the sush chef?
I never do, cause i figure if i go to a steakhouse, i don't make my way into the kitchen and tip the guy at the grill.

The last time i picked some up, i saw the guy before me put a few dollars into the tip jar on the counter. i felt like a cheap bastard, but.. he gets paid, doesn't he???

you ALWAYS tip the sushi chef when you sit at the bar... that is in addition to what you tip your server... ALWAYS tip the chef... its part of the premium you pay for sitting at the actual sushi bar and getting the personal attention.

well it is customary to tip the chef when they cook it right in front of you but yea they do get paid also.

i tried sushi for the first time the other day. i dont see what all the hype is about.

bigmann245 said:
well it is customary to tip the chef when they cook it right in front of you but yea they do get paid also.

i tried sushi for the first time the other day. i dont see what all the hype is about.
i love sushi.. so fresh.. very healthy.. and the flavors of different fish are great.

Lestat said:
you ALWAYS tip the sushi chef when you sit at the bar... that is in addition to what you tip your server... ALWAYS tip the chef... its part of the premium you pay for sitting at the actual sushi bar and getting the personal attention.

i never sit at the bar- i get it to go. i think i would know to tip the chef if i sat there, cause other than the girl that brings you tea, he's the server.

stilleto said:
i never sit at the bar- i get it to go. i think i would know to tip the chef if i sat there, cause other than the girl that brings you tea, he's the server.

they get you comming and going dont they....

Top Bottom