Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need help with public speaking

I have to conduct a 20 min proposal for class tommorow and damnit i hate public speaking. Im not shy, not at all but when it comes to professors and your peers scrutinizing you it puts tremendous pressure on me. So tell me, what ways do you have to become more comfortable speaking to an audience?

I put it in perspective. The absolute worst that can happen is that you say something wrong or mess up, and get embarassed. So - don't get embarrassed. Laugh if you screw up, it'll make you feel better and loosen up the audience. What's this worth, a few percent of your grade? BAH, what's the big deal!

Note: if you've done your work and your research, your confidence will be much higher.

Here's what I do when I present...

1. Make sure you know your shit.

2. Speak clear and not too fast, concentrate on not saying shit like 'Uhhh' and 'Uhmm'. It gets very anoying and takes away from your presentation.

3. If you're really nervous have a drink. (Don't get drunk!, just a drink)

4. Practice, try a run through for a friend or just go over it a few times in your head.

You MUST relax. Have fun and remember that you have NOTHING to lose. Have fun, tell a joke, relax, and be comfortable.

B True

Ingram said:
Here's what I do when I present...

Make sure you know your shit.

this is the key. If you know what you are talking about front and back then you will be confident, thus you will speak effectively. I used to hate this as well, but I had a teacher in college that really helped me with my public speaking, now it is easier.--not without tension, but difinetely easier.

good luck

Top Bottom