Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Desperate times cause for desperate measures

Delinquent

Welp, it seems that due to our financial problems this passed year, we cannot qualify for a new home due to us running 90 days late twice. This was caused by me being out of work for 6 months. So, with no possibility of getting into a new home to lower our payments or refinance, pay off outstanding debts, and put some away in savings for when it will be impossible to work due to clinicals in about 8 months, the future is looking pretty sad. An apartment isn't an option as we have 5 pets.

I can't find a full time job that will work around my school schedule and my part time job isn't covering the bills by any means. By bills, I mean: mortgage, power, cable, utlilities, etc. Not unnecessary bills as we don't have any.

The only possible solution I can come up with is to stop going to school for now so I can go back to work full time until we can remedy our financial and credit issues.

Other than that, irrational thoughts are starting to come into my head and I'm not liking it at all. A sense of desperation is starting to poke it's ugly head out. myself and others keep saying it'll get better but it hasn't.

I have fallen on hard times financially. I am just now (as in this paycheck) getting a grip on things and getting some breathing room. I have been struggling for well over a year. I am single and own nothing, yet it has still been tough. Hang in there and do what you have to do, it will in time get better, you just have to keep grinding. It's that or give up, I don't think you are the type that will give up.

Money situations are always tough.. for alot of ppl.. those who have.. seem to have a lot.. those who have none.. seem to have nothing...

How old r u?

Kids?

5 pets.. that's a lot

Look at other areas in your living. Do you eat out often? Do you buy unneccesary things? Do you drive a gas guzzler? Can you cut down on driving some? Five pets adds up quickly with food, vets, etc.

Try cutting out things that aren't a neccessity.

If you were to stop school for 2 years, then IMO I'd probably do it. But if it were 5 years or so, then I'd have to think twice.

Get a full time job, pay bills, buy a house... go back to school. How long will that take?

You should really look into doing something with all of your outstanding debt (if you havent already).

I found out maybe two years ago that my parents had close to $150,000 in debt all throughout my childhood (until I turned 19). The one and only reason that they did not declare bankruptcy was because my father works with a lot of large companies in the financial industry, so that would have to have been made public for them to see.

Get in touch with a few non-profit credit "counseling" organizations. They will talk with every creditor you have and negotiate a lower interest rate and in some cases consolidate your outstanding debt. After 3 years with them my parents were able to buy a house, a new car, and travel for the first time in 15 years.

If you need any help feel free to drop me a line.

Oh, and it most cases, once you quit school you wont get around to going back.

Something always comes up.

Actually, where I went school, there were alot of people who would take time off to work and then come back....

House, family, pets...that's important. Go talk to your school counselor first. There are good consolidation programs with low interests so you can refinance. There should be a local non-profit CCCS program near you. Consumer Credit Counseling Services.

Being late twice might reject you from banks but there are services out there without deadly rates...

Top Bottom