Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

zma good for bulking

ZMA is good for alleviating Zinc and Magnesium deficiencies which are very common in athletes - Bulking or not, it won't make a big difference in gross mass IMO - yet it has a use, cutting or bulking.

Rémy!   said:
ZMA is good for alleviating Zinc and Magnesium deficiencies which are very common in athletes - Bulking or not, it won't make a big difference in gross mass IMO - yet it has a use, cutting or bulking.

That's not the impression I got from those new Optimum ads. Maybe t3c saw that ad. I thought it was pretty funny then on the next page was their HMB ad. I think they're trying to rehash all the worthless supplements (I consider ZMA worthless if you're taking a decent zinc and mag supp).

u4ik_RAGE said:

(I consider ZMA worthless if you're taking a decent zinc and mag supp).

Agreed.

With enough dietary Zinc + Mag or supplementary - there is obviously no need for a ZMA complex. One must still keep in mind though, a hardworking athlete depletes these two minerals much faster than a average person.

What about the "don't take Zn with Ca" ?

I've not found any "real" study about it, just BS muscle mag articles...:rolleyes:

Anthrax said:
What about the "don't take Zn with Ca" ?

I've not found any "real" study about it, just BS muscle mag articles...:rolleyes:

I never have seen that study though I think it is pretty much accepted as true. Someone posted that there were studies showing zinc was still absorbed efficientlt with up to 2 grams of calcium. Does anyone know where that study is or heard of it? I would like to see it.

Atheletes deplete more than couch potatos any way you look at it. Take a multi. You will be fine.

If anything to be concerned about its water. With summer coming up, and if you work outside alot like I do; drink 1-2 gallons a day.

A good diet will take care of the rest.

Do you think that mega men's are a decent source of Zinc and mag? It says on the back yes. But the mag is not in the form of aspartate.

Yea, ZMA doesnt work...esp if your trying to bulk, just alter your diet(and get tons of rest) and dont rely on a couple vitamins or minerals to help get you bigger. Mutivitamins are very good and i highly reccomend them, but dont spend your money on the ZMA, but some shakes or something instead.

What's the A is ZMA?

is it aspartate as stated above. If I wanted to make my own "generic" ZMA, could I just get a Zinc/Magnesium pill? Would that be sufficient or do I need to add something to it?

How do I make a Generic ZMA?

Top Bottom