Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why sublingually?

Vilyamo

Got some glicine supplement, and it says in theinstruction that I should take it sublingually, and not swallow it.What difference does it make? Is there any real reason for me to keepthe tablet under the tongue until it dissolves?

This is a more efficient way of delivering the active substances into the blood, since in the tongue we have lots of arteries, and the supplement will get absorbed directly into the blood stream without getting absorbed. That means that it gets to work faster, and all it interacts with are the enzymes in the saliva, which are less aggressive then the acids in the stomach.

Whenever you take something sublingually (or inject it for that matter) it's instantly absorbed into the blood stream and bypasses the digestive system.

It basically just makes the supplement be absorbed better.

That is really insightful - did not know that! So can I take other supplements and meds the same way, even if they don't tell to take them this way?

Top Bottom