Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Thyroid deficiencies and solution by Zyglamail

stevesmi

Head Mod
Elite Moderator
Many of us are deficient in Iodine and Selenium. Ziggie was nice enough to write a nice stack to correct this using supps you can easily find online rather than going on pills for the rest of your life. here it is:

For iodine I recommend lugos solution, its more of a type than a brand. Its a mixture of iodine and iodide. Id recommend getting the 5% solution which is 6.25mg combined iodine/iodide. You can get it off amazon from a few sources or buy the raw ingredients and make your own. I made a liter of it for about $85 and it will last me years.

Iodine displaces toxic halides like fluoride and bromide which inundate us every day in drinking water, bread and plastics we are surrounded with daily. This can cause a detox reaction as these toxins are purged from the body. Generally resulting in a mild headache or minor cold like symptoms that go away with time. I suffered mild headaches for a couple weeks. Taking a 1/2 tsp unrefined (ie celtic etc) salt in hot water followed by a large 12+ oz glass of cold water often helped with symptoms and riding the body of toxins.

I would start with a single drop for a few days and see how you feel, if detox isnt bad, add a drop and work up to 8 drops or 50mg. It takes anywhere from 6-12 months at 50mgs a day to reach total body sufficiency and at that point you can continue on at 50mg or drop to 12.5mg if ya want.

For selenium id take at least 200mcg and ideally around 400mcg. Iodine without selenium, or vice versa can cause problems so I wouldnt use one without the other. the ideal type is L-Selenomethionine

An initial rise in TSH can be expected for up to a few months after starting, this often makes many docs panic but the answer is simple, TSH not only triggers T4 production but also is responsible for triggering growth of the NIS symporters (receptors if you will) so that the iodine can be taken in and used to create T4. This is of course something you would think a doc should know, but most dont, they just want to pedal poison.

here is a bunch of info collected by some guy thats got some decent info it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...wpdBS6VY/edit#

Last edited:
Top Bottom