Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Support Supplements, Overdose?

hulk0427

I take a many many different kinds of things On and off cycle in order to keep my body functioning a tip top shape, interanally.

I know there is a recommended dosage for all the herbs/supplements you take but I was wondering if I were to take more than directed would that have a severe negative effect on me? When On cycle some times I get a little paranoid about what "might" be going on inside aka:heart, liver, kidneys and stuff so I take more than directed on these supplements, is that alright if it gives me peace of mind, it ownt hurt me, right?

The first question I would ask is WHY you would want to exceed the recommended dosage? Have you read an article or research report regarding the specific substance that states to increase the dosage? If not, then don't increase the dosage.

More doesn't mean better results. In fact, more generally can lead to harm, but it depends on the substance. I remember reading an article in a recent issue of MD that was about a kid who wound up in the hospital because he took too much creatine. Another research report (posted below) states that a person who used 20g of creatine a day developed interstitial nephritis (a kidney disorder caused by inflammation).

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/extract/340/10/814

The bottom line is to stick with the recommended dosages unless there is conclusive proof that more should be used. Don't increase dosages blindly.

It depends on the substance. For example, BCAA's might recommend 6 tablets a day, which is pretty much a waste. BCAA's can make a big difference but only if you take about 25 a day. Other ingredients, such as potassium can be very dangerous in high dosages.

I recomend a double dosage for some of the supps I designed simply because it'll get better results. But telling most 'non hardcore" guys to take 12 capsules of something is a lot to ask. I would never take more than the recommended dosage of a stimulant though.

It's all a part of learning about what does what. There's no one set answer across the board.

Top Bottom