Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK to mix creatine with gatorade?

skypilot

After my workout I have a quick whey shake and 16oz of gatorade.... I am planning to add creatine to my diet and for my post workout creatine can I mix it with the gatorade? (IE I would put the gatorade and creatine powder together then pour water and mix).... IS this ok?

hey bud,
heres my advice, take it or leave it....

When i first got into creatine, my friends said yes...mix it with a grape juice of some sort or GATORADE!

Long story short...the 8 times i did that, i spent hours in the bathroom. I felt like i has passing stones for gods sake. LOL

Anyway to answer your question. From experience of what IVE HEARD -- YES its ok to mix them. I can be wrong.

hmm...i doubt if the creatine/gatorade mixture caused that....

basically, if you get any type of creatine that is already mixed w/carbs and flavor-i.e. Phosphagen, Cell Tech, whatever it is essentially the same as mixing it w/gatorade.

I save myself the money and buy gatorade powder, and mix it with plain creatine. The carbs are supposed to enhance the creatine absorption in the muscles, and you should be taking carbs immediatley post workout anyway, so it makes a good postworkout combo.

gatorade MIGHT be ok... if you do mix it together, dont let it sit.. drink it VERY fast - almost immediately... creatine is stable in water for around 10 minutes before it degrades into creatinine.. a useless waste product... therefore, mixing it with a somewhat acidic sports drink might make its time of stability even shorter...

my advice would to be to drink some gatorade... followed w/ creatine in water within 10 minutes of drinking the gatorade... even better would be to get some dextrose powder @ http://supplementdirect.com/

Top Bottom