Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does grinding oats cause the GI to rise?

JokerJimmy:

That post was quite interesting. One thing about the G.L. I'm skeptical about is there is no 'true' standard for the serving size, and this is what the G.L. is completely dependant on. The G.I. on the other hand is always compared to either 50grams of glucose or white bread. Its more standardized...But yes the G.L. is good when we start getting into Bug's Bunny type foods.

I agree with spatts that we shouldn't 'just' base the food we eat on its G.I./G.L. If we just ate moderate to low G.I./G.L. meals we'd be missing out on a lot of healthy foods...

SubjectiveIllusion:

I just stumbled across this G.L. stuff recently and it is interesting. I'd have to say I agree with you about "50 grams x to 50 grams glucose" is the best comparison for most food since "portion" is variable. I think the G.L has most use with veggies and some fruits since some of them don't really have that many grams of carbs--so you are not going to eat 50grams of them. Also there could be foods that have a low GI can be calorically dense so there are a lot of grams of carbs.

I am with you guys 100% about ONLY eating low GI/GL--I mean you have to eat healthy. For me the GI/GL is a matter of knowing what meals I will need to take the r-ala with ;-)

Top Bottom