Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bulking Supplements! What are the must haves to bulk up?

NOLOGY77

Hello everyone. Even though its still May, i am thinking September when i will start my bulking up again, eat huge amounts of food and train heavy.

Now i am in an amateur cutting period for summer and i consume, Creatine, Glutamine, BCAAs and Whey Protein. My question is, for th bulking period what supplements anyone must consume? Money lets say its not an issue, what you must have in your drawer for bulking up?

Thanks

Hello everyone. Even though its still May, i am thinking September when i will start my bulking up again, eat huge amounts of food and train heavy.

Now i am in an amateur cutting period for summer and i consume, Creatine, Glutamine, BCAAs and Whey Protein. My question is, for th bulking period what supplements anyone must consume? Money lets say its not an issue, what you must have in your drawer for bulking up?

Thanks

BIG BLAST bro. Everything else is something not as good.

Thanks

If I were bulking, I would stick to the basics:

Creatine
Whey
Multi/EFAs/Joint

You can possibly drop the BCAAs and Glutamine, in fact drop Glutamine all-together whether bulking or cutting, and make sure to get a lot of calories.

Blast is a good product, but if your overall calories aren't above maintenance, Blast will do nothing for you in terms of bulking besides add to your overall calories.

You don't need any supplements except protein powder to make sure you get a lot of protein in you.

You don't need any supplements except protein powder to make sure you get a lot of protein in you.

Huh?

Most of your protein should be coming from whole-food sources. Using whey as a crutch is horrible.

Huh?

Most of your protein should be coming from whole-food sources. Using whey as a crutch is horrible.

Wat chu talkin bout bro???? I drink 6 whey shakes a day and I'm hyuge!!!!! lolol

Seriously...

OP: All you truly need is well..... Food. Don't skimp on food for supplements. I would rather eat a steak every night when bulking then taking the newest fad supplement.

I will echo Cal here... Whey, EFAs, and a multi are a good start. If you need something "extra", then I would look into a creatine/Beta Alanine supp and/or a pre workout supp.

Wat chu talkin bout bro???? I drink 6 whey shakes a day and I'm hyuge!!!!! lolol

I knew I was missing something :worried:

:p

Seriously...

OP: All you truly need is well..... Food. Don't skimp on food for supplements. I would rather eat a steak every night when bulking then taking the newest fad supplement.

I will echo Cal here... Whey, EFAs, and a multi are a good start. If you need something "extra", then I would look into a creatine/Beta Alanine supp and/or a pre workout supp.

x2

Bulking is easy... all you need to do get enough calories... Supplements and bulking don't really go hand in hand as well as supplements and cutting do. A lot of supplements (creatine, ba, BCAAs) help maintain muscle in a caloric deficit when your body isn't primed for muscle building.

OP, if you're looking for products for post workout check out:

AfterShock by Myogenix
or
Relentless by Xtreme Formulations

My bulking supplements are composed of sweet potatoes, oatmeal, brown rice, and tons of chicken and beef. :p

There aren't any "bulking" specific supplements. Supplements are usually taken whether you are cutting or bulking.

Surplus calories is bulking. You get calories from food.

Huh?

Ok, did I say to replace whole foods with protein powder? Fuck no. I meant to make sure you have plenty of protein powder available for a variety of reasons. First, in case you don't have time to make a full, complete meal on a rare day. Some days are just busier than others and you better have a backup plan if you don't have time to make food. This happens to me at least once or twice a week and I have an egg protein powder as my backup protein source. Second, you should take casein powder before bed. You are compromising gains if you do not take it. Think about it, it's an extra 50-100 g of protein your body will digest and over time it will add up. Third, whey protein for post workout. Whey protein digests rapidly and is good to take postworkout when you muscles need amino acids ASAP.

If I were bulking, I would stick to the basics:

Creatine
Whey
Multi/EFAs/Joint

You can possibly drop the BCAAs and Glutamine, in fact drop Glutamine all-together whether bulking or cutting, and make sure to get a lot of calories.

Blast is a good product, but if your overall calories aren't above maintenance, Blast will do nothing for you in terms of bulking besides add to your overall calories.

Bro, bulking IS mostly about calories. And you recommend Creatine, Whey and EFA's -- all of which are in BIG BLAST.

Top Bottom