Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Tell me why secure online email works?

tomp

I can't figure out why people have these secure email accounts and publicize their addresses? Don't they know that all incoming mail is not encrypted and out is only encrypted when they select the option. Even then, the other party needs the password to open it. How would they then get the password?

Also, your IP address is linked directly to the email account and all of your online activity.

The recent bust of the lady whom cut open that lady and stole here baby is what made me think of this stuff. This is how she was caught.

All they would then have to do is seize your PC. All of your previously deleted files, oonline history etc. are still recoverable rather you know it or not!

If someone has a fool proof method of communicating securely, please share.

tomp said:
I can't figure out why people have these secure email accounts and publicize their addresses? Don't they know that all incoming mail is not encrypted and out is only encrypted when they select the option. Even then, the other party needs the password to open it. How would they then get the password?

Also, your IP address is linked directly to the email account and all of your online activity.

The recent bust of the lady whom cut open that lady and stole here baby is what made me think of this stuff. This is how she was caught.

All they would then have to do is seize your PC. All of your previously deleted files, oonline history etc. are still recoverable rather you know it or not!

If someone has a fool proof method of communicating securely, please share.

That's not exactly true. Email is encrypted with a key when sending and then decrypted when recipient goes to read it, no passwords needed due to key exchanges. What the big deal is, standard email crosses the internet via smtp/pop3 in plain text and can be sniffed by anyone with a little knowlege. This is even more true as most people are putting wireless into their homes now. With encypted email you can sniff it, but you only see it as garbage. This is just the basics, there is MUCH more to it than this, but your statements are not true, and it is much more secure than standard email, although nothing is foolproof. Also the Fed's scan email based on key words, when encrypted it's nothing but garbage so the email is never flagged to be followed up on by humans.

Incoming mail is encrypted if the person sending the email encrypts it. The party receiving the email uses their password that they personally made to open the email account. & yes your computer can be seized which would reveal lots of information that you have looked at in the past unless you keep your computer clean. That's why they sell cybersrub and other computer cleaners. I am not sure if the computer is clean to where the files are never retrievable though, if anybody knows the truth on this, please let us know.

Well tell me which part is not true? I have a ziplip email account and it clearly states that it sends the email as regular email unless you select "high security encryption". It then asks you to type in a password. The receiver of the email then needs this password to read it.

tomp said:
Well tell me which part is not true? I have a ziplip email account and it clearly states that it sends the email as regular email unless you select "high security encryption". It then asks you to type in a password. The receiver of the email then needs this password to read it.

Some services do use encryption with a password, yes. PGP standard with public and private keys is the way to go

There is a setting that you can use that automatically encrypts all email unless the recipient cannot accept encrypted email; in that case it tells you that they cannot accept and you send it unencrypted.

My ziplip email account is jacked up and they will not resond to my emails. They are no longer accepting requests for new accounts. Is there another place to get free encrypted email account?

indys right.

for instance, the hush encryption engine loads in your browser any time you access hushmail. that handles the encryption & decryption of your message to/fro their server. so its encrypted on their server, its encrypted in transit. its de-crypted on the fly on your computer when you read it. (hushmail to hushmail).

ziplip handles it differently, with passwords needing to be exchanged between recipients.

bullcocky said:
Incoming mail is encrypted if the person sending the email encrypts it. The party receiving the email uses their password that they personally made to open the email account. & yes your computer can be seized which would reveal lots of information that you have looked at in the past unless you keep your computer clean. That's why they sell cybersrub and other computer cleaners. I am not sure if the computer is clean to where the files are never retrievable though, if anybody knows the truth on this, please let us know.

I dont know anything about that particular piece of software, but yes those utilities do actually wipe out the files, that's their purpose. When you delete a file on the hard drive it just gets flagged as deleted and is overwritten at a later time, which might be never if you hard drive never fills up, stays static in size, and or you never defragment it. What they do, and Norton Utilities does this as well, is it writes a zero into all deleted files as well as all unused disk space so the files actually no longer exists at the lowest possible level. On a higher level, even alot of deleted files have temp backups stored in the windows temporary files folder, and windows is not very good a cleaning that out. SO you should always manually delete the contents of that directory or use a utility like clean sweep by norton and finds and deletes temp files also.

hey indy

the grill on your camaro brought back some fond memories of my SS 454 Chevelle . ahhhhhh, those were the days..........

Top Bottom