Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pinched nerve

anthrax

MVP
EF VIP
What causes a nerve to be pinched ?

It happened twice in one of my leg after a leg workout even though (I thought) I did enough stretch

And can you "get rid of it" by yourselves or do you need to see a doc/ART ?

A 'pinched nerve' is the result of surrounding tissue pressing against and irritating the nerve. As this is happening in your leg, it is likely the femoral nerve which is being affected. The reasons why you are getting a pinched nerve could be from an injury to the immediate area, or a result of the repetitive motions of your exercise routine, or joint problems, or you just may be more susceptable than other people.

If you stop irritating the affected area then it will correct itself within a few days. The alternative treatment is anti-inflamatory drugs for a short period and the cessation of the activity which brought about the pinched nerve. Cortical-steroids may also be prescribed.

If the problem persists longer than this or if you are in pain or if you experience weakness in the affected area then you will need to see a physician. He will likely perform an EMG (electromyography) test to confirm that it is a pinched nerve.

Thanks a lot Kian!

I'll wait a few more days then

Top Bottom