Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nettle Root and SHBG interaction

40butpumpin

The effect of extracts of the roots of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) on the interaction of SHBG with its receptor on human prostatic membranes.

Hryb DJ, Khan MS, Romas NA, Rosner W Department of Medicine, St. Luke's/Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, N.Y. 10019. Planta Med 1995 Feb;61(1):31-2

Extracts from the roots of the stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) are used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. The mechanisms underlying this treatment have not been elucidated. We set out to determine whether specific extracts from U. dioica had the ability to modulate the binding of sex hormone-binding globulin to its receptor on human prostatic membranes. Four substances contained in U. dioica were examined: an aqueous extract; an alcoholic extract; U. dioica agglutinin, and stigmasta-4-en-3-one. Of these, only the aqueous extract was active. It inhibited the binding of 125I-SHBG to its receptor. The inhibition was dose related, starting at about 0.6 mg/ml and completely inhibited binding at 10 mg/ml.

I got this from www.lef.org.

Last edited:
LAWNSAVER said:
good info! How do we know if the Nestle Root we are getting has that specific extract?

I'm going to call lef.org and see if there's someone there that can comment on it or shed some more light on it.

I look forward to your findings!!

Also, I have been on the Avena Sativa from Beyond-A-Century and I am thuroghly impressed. I am horney, and its the only libido enhancer I am on!

SofaGoerge told me to leave a little out and it it turned to a putty like substance it should be good. Well...it did just that! For $5.95 per 50grams, you cant beat it!!

LAWNSAVER said:

Also, I have been on the Avena Sativa from Beyond-A-Century and I am thuroghly impressed. I am horney, and its the only libido enhancer I am on!

SofaGoerge told me to leave a little out and it it turned to a putty like substance it should be good. Well...it did just that! For $5.95 per 50grams, you cant beat it!!

what dosage are you taking of the avena sativa?

LAWNSAVER said:

Cool, that's great news indeed. Also great idea SG! :)

I am using 00 gel caps. The bottle says a level scoop = 500mg. I am using about a level scoop 3 times a day. If anything I am taking a little more. So at least 1.5 grams a day

LAWNSAVER said:
I am using 00 gel caps. The bottle says a level scoop = 500mg. I am using about a level scoop 3 times a day. If anything I am taking a little more. So at least 1.5 grams a day

Do you have to use gel caps? Can you just scoop it out and mix it with water and drink it?

Also, not sure what you mean by this:
"SofaGoerge told me to leave a little out and it it turned to a putty like substance it should be good."

Is the avena sativa a powder, or a liquid?

I just bought a bottle of Stinging Nettle from Beyond a Century.

It came in the powdered form. Does anyone know what the normal dosage for bodybuilders is for this stuff?

Good question...what is a good dose?

I have never tried mixing it, but it does have a sticky texture, so I dont think it would be water soluable(sp)

Top Bottom