Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Micellar Casein or Regular Casein?

Smokescreen

Experienced Noob
Platinum
I know Micellar is better to use. But those that use gear....does it really matter? Can I still get benefits with regular casein?

I think guys worry too much about their protein sources, as if Isolate is useless comapred to concentrate or Micellar compared to regular cassein. As long as the protein is a quality source, I see no reason to spend top dollar on it, unless you have the extra $$$. Yes, you will still get benefits with regular cassein. Me personally, I like a whey/cassein blend.

Thats pretty much exactly how i feel

never noticed a difference when i switch around powders

even if i ran out of whey and had milk/egg protein after workouts it really never felt any different

Your telling me that you would rather use cheaper proteins like Whey Concentrate over Iso Whey? Or even CFM Whey?????? You would also rather use Milk isolate? I don't know if I can agree with that. Look at my avatar. I don't look the best this year because I wasn't able to get my hands on great gear. So instead I used top quality proteins and carbs. And look at the results I got. Once again...this is not my best year but I think I did OK with just using ANDROGEL!!! I just can't see how me using CFM whey won't do me any better then using cheap proteins. The avatar speaks for itself and so does my gallery.

Carth said:
Your telling me that you would rather use cheaper proteins like Whey Concentrate over Iso Whey? Or even CFM Whey?????? You would also rather use Milk isolate? I don't know if I can agree with that. Look at my avatar. I don't look the best this year because I wasn't able to get my hands on great gear. So instead I used top quality proteins and carbs. And look at the results I got. Once again...this is not my best year but I think I did OK with just using ANDROGEL!!! I just can't see how me using CFM whey won't do me any better then using cheap proteins. The avatar speaks for itself and so does my gallery.

So......what's your question then? It sounds like you just answered it yourself. Yes, 97% lean meat is better than 85% lean meat. Does that make 85% lean meat a complete waste? No. That isn't real rocket science.

Ok, see the thing is that I'm trying to save money. I'm thinking that maybe I could switch to cheaper proteins...save money...and still get great results. But Im confused here. Will cheap proteins give me just as great results as the good proteins?

Carth said:
Ok, see the thing is that I'm trying to save money. I'm thinking that maybe I could switch to cheaper proteins...save money...and still get great results. But Im confused here. Will cheap proteins give me just as great results as the good proteins?

If you ask the good protein manufacturer, yes...if you ask me, no. Case in point. If the good protein is 25% better (whatever that means) but it's 100% more expensive is it still a good deal? I say not so fast. I say load up on allthewhey and spend the rest on your cycle.

So Dial...what are you saying then? Get cheap protein...no matter what kind it is or sub fractions it has and instead use all that money for gear? What about stuff like glutamine?

Carth said:

you can definately save money buy getting cheaper brands and types but get them from reputable companies.. i use optimum mainly

optimum whey is like $4 a lb where most isolates are 8-11 or whatever
and designer type proteins are even higher

i just use a whey but i use it a bit more or use it a bit more frequently

i am very lean btw not huge but i am weight class restricted but i can stay just as lean and just as strong using CHEAP protein and i can do it while eating very very little food and still training a good amount around tournaments..

give it a try if your diet is on and your routine is on your choice of protein powders probably has about a 2% effect on your total outcome

no one is going to use whey concentrate on a cycle and gain x amount of lbs then switch tosome mega ultrafiltured protein and gain x *2 or even x * 1.3 (ok most likely no one)

good luck

Top Bottom