Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crowded gyms?

FlexManning

A lot of these programs, SS, SL, Madcow, etc. are pretty basic but the creators are pretty adamant about sticking to the planned exercises on planned days. I wonder how some of you are dealing with a station being in use when you need to use it.

My workout's organized around being adjustable. I usually do a lower/upper split where I can workout 4 days in a row if I want or skip 2 if I want without everything being thrown off. Upper body may be benching off pins, military press, chins one day and weighted dips, db press, Pendlay rows the next time trying to work around other people in the gym. (I also do some assistance work on most days but you get the point.) I don't think that I'm better at programming than a guy like Rippetoe, it's purely based on availability of equipment and having to go the gym during "rush hour".

Are most of you handling it by waiting people out, throwing in alternate exercises, or what?

Kind of a newbie question although I'm not at all a beginner. I talk to other guys in the gym about it quite a bit but most guys are of the mind to just do what they feel like doing as long as it's available and most aren't doing programs based mainly on heavy barbell exercises.

I hate the crowds! I try to get there as early in the morning as I can, but sometimes this doesn't even work. One thing I do is grab a bench, squat rack or machine as soon as I can, and superset with dumbbells in between just so I'm not giving up the station.

Lately I've been having this problem a lot so I have to substitute one exercise with another or come back later in the workout and hopefully am able to do what I need to do.

Top Bottom