Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Young and low T

Now im just pumping myself full of multi vitamins... great

LOL, this is getting comical! Did you graduate high school? Are you seeking to further your education? If so, do yourself a favor and take some biology classes.

Many nutrients have virtually no toxicity level while others can cause disease if levels are too high or too low. So your idea of pumping yourself full of multi's isnt the brightest of ideas. But thats okay, you werent going to do that anyway because your doc said your extremely healthy.....oh, except that you have the test levels of an 80 year old man.

You clearly dont understand that nearly all disease (and yes one could classify low test, especially at your age a disease) to be a symptom of a nutrient deficiency. The defining property of a nutrient is its ability to metabolize into 1 or more substances that have the ability to donate electrons. Certain tissues in the body have affinities for certain nutrients and when the oxidative stress on a particular organ can not be overcome by the influx of electrons from the consumed nutrients, which is greatly affected by organ affinities to said nutrients, then the oxidative stress builds, organ function declines and the signs of disease begin to emerge.

How different people respond to nutrients is influenced by genetic predisposition as well as many other environmental factors so if 10 people are exposed to a given toxin, 3 may exhibit one symptom, 3 different symptoms and the remaining 4 yet different symptoms all together.

So to try and put things simply, unless you have a genetic mutation causing you to produce low amounts of testosterone then what your low level of testosterone is telling me is that your intake of nutrients is not providing the necessary electrons to overcome the oxidative stress on one or more organs in your body and in turn are not functioning optimally (ie hence your low testosterone).

Why doesnt your doctor address this issue? Likely for 2 reasons. First of all the insurance companies dictate what can be done so if your borderline low but absent of other major symptoms of a problem then the insurance companies deem there isnt a problem and the docs hands are tied. Secondly, if the doctor cant throw a prescription at it, its likely outside of his training and expertise to address.

So wtf do you think im deficient in and how do I go about figuring that out or changing it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using EliteFitness

Dont worry... he will be eating your lunch shortly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

From what I have read pain meds will also cause low test

So wtf do you think im deficient in and how do I go about figuring that out or changing it...

Hard to say since you havent given me specifics about your diet. As I have already said, log your food and track the nutrient content. Once you can tell me how much of the various nutrients you get, then I can begin to tell you where your your short.

Generally speaking A good starting point for anyone is:
200-400mg CoQ10
fish/flax oil
avoid salt thats refined (salt is good as long as its unrefined, like celtic sea salt)
800-1600mg magnesium
try and keep manganese under 2mg
make sure your multi has vit K in it
Avoid supplemental calcium (most people already have a phosphorus/calcium imbalance) and drinking milk, especially with Vit D added
Taurine, arginine, citruline 1-3g daily
Try and get 2000iu vit D, possibly as much as 10,000 but this is one that can be bad if you get too much, blood test to make sure your in the sweet spot.
melatonin before bed 3-6mg (helps for restful sleep and is a good antioxident.
Vit E 800-300IU
vit A at least 10,000IU
Vit c 3g daily at least in divided doses, going to 10 or more G a day isnt a bad thing either.
lysine 3g daily
proline 1-3g daily
glutathione precursors or liposomal glutathione

I recommend iodine/iodide as well but it needs to be done with some knowledge due to its other supplementation requirements etc and honestly I dont think your ready for it. I think however that this is likely one of your issues, iodine not only plays a key role in thyroid health, which closely effects other hormones, but its also crucial to prostate and testicular function.

As for smoking weed, any smoking, causes oxidative stress that in turn steals electrons and the electron shortage is what in turn causes the onset of disease. Nutrition is a about a lot more than just getting fats, carbs and proteins. Its also a lot more than just nutrient breakdown of the food you eat but also the oxidative and toxic load imposed on your system.

Everyones toxic load is different, those that eat a lot of protein like athletes generally eat a lot of meat. The body lackes enzymes to digest larger portions, undigested protein sitting in the digestive tract putrefies and causes toxin. Amalgum fillings causes toxins. Those that work with and are in contact with a lot of plastics or chemicals are flooded by toxins.

Maybe if you look at food as more than just fuel and consider it a source of electrons and its these electrons that get used up destroying toxins, pathogens, bacteria etc, it will help you understand that there are many things in life that increase our need for electrons and due to stress, pollutants, pathogens etc its basically impossible for a human to thrive on whole food alone.

Note I used the word thrive. The process of being malnourished (ie electron deficient) manifests itself in many ways and doesnt happen overnight. So many of the signs of aging and especially the stuff that seems to afflict those who are older like heart disease, diabetis, cataracts, glaucoma, parkinsons etc etc are really due to long term electron deficiencies.

Hard to say since you havent given me specifics about your diet. As I have already said, log your food and track the nutrient content. Once you can tell me how much of the various nutrients you get, then I can begin to tell you where your your short.

Generally speaking A good starting point for anyone is:
200-400mg CoQ10
fish/flax oil
avoid salt thats refined (salt is good as long as its unrefined, like celtic sea salt)
800-1600mg magnesium
try and keep manganese under 2mg
make sure your multi has vit K in it
Avoid supplemental calcium (most people already have a phosphorus/calcium imbalance) and drinking milk, especially with Vit D added
Taurine, arginine, citruline 1-3g daily
Try and get 2000iu vit D, possibly as much as 10,000 but this is one that can be bad if you get too much, blood test to make sure your in the sweet spot.
melatonin before bed 3-6mg (helps for restful sleep and is a good antioxident.
Vit E 800-300IU
vit A at least 10,000IU
Vit c 3g daily at least in divided doses, going to 10 or more G a day isnt a bad thing either.
lysine 3g daily
proline 1-3g daily
glutathione precursors or liposomal glutathione

I recommend iodine/iodide as well but it needs to be done with some knowledge due to its other supplementation requirements etc and honestly I dont think your ready for it. I think however that this is likely one of your issues, iodine not only plays a key role in thyroid health, which closely effects other hormones, but its also crucial to prostate and testicular function.

As for smoking weed, any smoking, causes oxidative stress that in turn steals electrons and the electron shortage is what in turn causes the onset of disease. Nutrition is a about a lot more than just getting fats, carbs and proteins. Its also a lot more than just nutrient breakdown of the food you eat but also the oxidative and toxic load imposed on your system.

Everyones toxic load is different, those that eat a lot of protein like athletes generally eat a lot of meat. The body lackes enzymes to digest larger portions, undigested protein sitting in the digestive tract putrefies and causes toxin. Amalgum fillings causes toxins. Those that work with and are in contact with a lot of plastics or chemicals are flooded by toxins.

Maybe if you look at food as more than just fuel and consider it a source of electrons and its these electrons that get used up destroying toxins, pathogens, bacteria etc, it will help you understand that there are many things in life that increase our need for electrons and due to stress, pollutants, pathogens etc its basically impossible for a human to thrive on whole food alone.

Note I used the word thrive. The process of being malnourished (ie electron deficient) manifests itself in many ways and doesnt happen overnight. So many of the signs of aging and especially the stuff that seems to afflict those who are older like heart disease, diabetis, cataracts, glaucoma, parkinsons etc etc are really due to long term electron deficiencies.

This is really good information... Zygla, im impressed man.. that was well broken down. I supplement all of the above except iodine. How do you suggest taking this? Is there a supplement that it usually stacks with or is it something you can get alone?

This is really good information... Zygla, im impressed man.. that was well broken down. I supplement all of the above except iodine. How do you suggest taking this? Is there a supplement that it usually stacks with or is it something you can get alone?

Iodine supplementation can be tricky. Iodine causes the release of toxic halides which cause a whole slew of side effects, Many people who supplement I start getting these side effects, assume its the iodine causing problem and cease supplementation, blame the iodine and continue to the perpetuate the fear that iodine is bad.

There are some iodine aficionados who consume massive amounts of iodine daily and have done so for years with no problems. They claim you cant have too much. Most of the docs seem to opt for a more realistic approach with a goal of whole body sufficiency which simply means to give the body enough iodine so that all of its stores are full and can remain full.

The key to that is a loading phase. On average its stated that at 50mg daily of a lugols solution or iadoral you will reach this point in 90 days at which point you cat back to 12mg daily. Ideally you want to do a "loading test" at the 90 day mark. You take a single 50mg iadoral tablet and collect urine for next 24 hours, send a sample off to the lab and when the body is excreting >90% its deemed saturated and you can goto a maintenance dose. conversely If you were to simply start at and only take 12mg a day it would take a year or more for your body to reach sufficiency.

Some people jump right to 50mg other taper up over time. The link below offers guidance from one individual which I feel is fairly accurate. Pay close attention to his supplement list, selinium is very important and required if the extra iodine is going to be of optimal help. I would add Boron to the list as well 3-9mg daily.

http://home.comcast.net/~jocy1/junk/The Guide to Supplementing with Iodine.pdf

Lugols is a solution based on iodine and iodide, iadorol is a tablet form of the lugols solution. These are what I would recommend. Many guys with symptoms of low T will, in addition to oral iodine intake, paint their testicles with lugols solution. Lugols does absorb through the skin and a rudimentory test to determine how deficient you are is to paint about a 2" spot of lugols on your inner arm and see how long it takes to be absorbed. If it lasts 24 hours your should be pretty close to iodine sufficient, the faster it gets absorbed and disappears the more deficient you are.

Top Bottom