Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Would you want to live forever?

Would you want to live forever?

• Yes, absolutely.

Votes: 96 41.7%
  • Yes, but only if I could share eternity with others.

Votes: 45 19.6%
  • Live long, YES. Forever, not so sure...

Votes: 54 23.5%
  • No way!

Votes: 34 14.8%

• Total voters
In a forum far far away I posted something So this is just a copy and paste job. But I hope you find it interesting.

Hey Im Matt.. new to this board and I just thought I'd try revive this topic after reading it, There are a lot of bad reasoning and comments that dont make much sense here. So I'll try explain

A few weeks ago I made this very discussion with some people over at
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.co...opic=31203&st=0

I gave them 4 choices:

Would you like to live longer or forever : here are the results

1) Yes, But also grow older but Slowly. 18.87%
2) Yes, But only if im youthful 56.60%
3) No because its playing GOD 7.55%
4) other 16.98%

lets look at choice 1

This result confuses me the most, Why would people want to have and feel the ' BAD ' effects of aging? why would they want to become frail and disabled ? I have no Idea.

Choice 2

Yes but youthful, Now of course... A healthy life span increase means extra life with the benifits of optimal health!. Some people think that living forever or life extension would come with frail old age. That is nonense. lazy thinking.
Anyway, Choice 2 had the most votes.

Choice 3

Playing god.. Well, we have been playing god for quite a while then, Just by going go the hospital, you are infact playing god, You are stopping death in some cases, meaning you are extending life!. So this argument is terrible.

Could you get bored?

Is fun scalable? is there only so much fun that we can have in the universe? have we explored all of human fun? . THE ANSWERE IS NO!. Do people think that in 20 years time we are going to live the same lives as we are today!? Do you even think you are going to recognize the world in 50 years. Dont be silly. technology is advancing quickly and its only getting faster!. Massive change will happen.

The possibilities of the 21st century lets explorer them

NANOTECHNOLOGY

This amazing and promising Enabling technology may create things that are indistinguashable from MAGIC. Nanotech is expected to be a mature technology within the next 15-20 years. Nanotechnology is expected to be bigger than any industrial revolution before it. its expected to change the world drasticly and eventually massive changes could happy litrually OVER NIGHT.

There are some early applications that I am very excited about.
http://www.foresight.org/Nanomedicine/Respirocytes.html

The artificial red blood cell or "respirocyte" proposed here is a bloodborne spherical 1-micron diamondoid 1000-atm pressure vessel with active pumping powered by endogenous serum glucose, able to deliver 236 times more oxygen to the tissues per unit volume than natural red cells

By replacing 10% of your blood with these you could be able to hold your breath for upto 4 hours!, mabey to an olympic sprint without taking a breath. IMAGIN THE POSSIBILITIES. There is much more interesting stuff that this, you should do the research.

If you havnt explored nanotechnology then I think you should I will provide links at the end of this.

BIOTECHNOLOGY

Biotechnology, We are right at the verge of a Biotechnology revolution. its going to be massive and the technologies and discoveries that come from this will bring great things and bad things with it. But lets hope the bad things dont happen such as geneticly engineered viruses.

We may have the chance of creating some sort of Enhanced humans, Post-humans early 21st century. We may indeed upgrade ourselves before this century is out, We might have to. 21st century is likely to be the time when Humans and machines merge.

Computers ,ROBOTICS AND A.I

I am very excited about this, Just imagin that one day it might be possibile to create a SUPER INTELLIGENCE!. I really want to see how robotics and A.I develop in the 21st century and beyond. oh and VIRTUAL REALITY !!

SPACE TRAVEL

Im sure many of you heard about the plan to start to colonize the moon from 2015. That is not long from now! We still have the UNIVERSE to explorer, how can you say you will be bored!. you have very narrow thinking ability.

Also back in 2004 virgin announced space flights for the public. at first they will be expensive, but within 5-10 years the cost will come down around $1000-$3000 for a ticket. We could see the beginning of colonizing planets in the 21st century. That alone is worth seeing and participating in!.

Conclusion:

Most of you are making un-educated guesses about population growth, pollution, life styles. nanotechnology will solve a lot of the problems, yes if can create major problems but lets hope it doesnt.

Most of you think that You somehow will be immortal or have life extension but other around you wont, That isnt the case!. this wont be just available to you!

The 21st century is a well worth living experience, Stay healthy because some major capabilities and technologies are right around the corner. We will see more change in 1 century that EVER before. This century will be like magic.

Now i'll provide some links, but before you look around them take listen to this while you browse those websites.

PLAY: A Theory of Fun - A talk given by Eliezer
http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=7610

Take a listen to this, Right click and ' Save target as ' on FTP or HTTP link on that webpage

Or go here http://www.radio4all.net/dl.php/081...6&protocol=ftp&

it answeres you bordom worry. He starts talking after 1minute. Its brilliant talk! and will open your mind

www.kurzweilai.net - This site is my fave, Has everything on there from:

The singularity
Will machines become concsious
How to build a brain
LIVING FOREVER
Nanotechnology
Visions of the future
dangerous futures
Virtual reality

and loads more!

http://www.nanotech-now.com/ daily news on breakthroughs
http://www.foresight.org/ Everything you want to know about nanotech!

stay healthy and enjoy the next few centuries

People dont die from aging, people die from the diseases that come with aging.

So, therefore if we cure diseases, such as cancer, heart disease and other things then we effecticly become immortal through use of stem cell therapy to rejouvanate the heart and other tissue around the body.

There is no reason why we would just max out at 120, we could keep repairing for 100's of years, maybe millions. With Nanotechnology also, we could have the possibility of active smart bots in our blood that will continously repair cells..

We age because of damage to our dna, cells and other.

I dont know why people as so fixed on this 120 year thing

they could just clone me and then ... give me a brain transplant into my new body..
and i would be 16 again

8-] said:
I wouldn't like to lose loved ones, or become a wheelchair-bound geriatric, but I would like to see what the future holds in say 100, 500, 1000 years time.

I am 3,562 years old....living forever really sux :worried: was hoping i would die yesterday. but it looks like i may have another thousand years to go

At least i am still ripped and huge, and :chomp: gettin laid

If my looks remained the same YES. Who wants to live to be two hundred years old if your faceis gona look like a old man's nut sack?
FKH

Not with the way the world is headed,poverty,crime,dugs,homelessnss ect ect,I have seen enough heartache in my 26 years to last me a life time.But If I could have one wish it would to be with my beautiful children and partner for eternity,I can never see too much of them.I know that just sounded a bit corny but I am blessed we are all so close.

The Angry Mule said:
Not with the way the world is headed,poverty,crime,dugs,homelessnss ect ect,I have seen enough heartache in my 26 years to last me a life time.But If I could have one wish it would to be with my beautiful children and partner for eternity,I can never see too much of them.I know that just sounded a bit corny but I am blessed we are all so close.

sounds mixed?? the world sucks....I love my life.???

Top Bottom