Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Who has tanita bodyfat scales?

I don't think the 10% rule works for me, that would put me at 8% which for a female is very low especially when I haven't been dieting! Heck I wish I was 8%, I'd be almost ready for competing!

I think I'm about 14-16%.

The thing that confused me was that I lost 5 lbs with DNP and I know DNP removes mostly fat yet my bf reading didn't change on the scale.

I was talked into a Tanita scale. It's not worth the space it takes up in my bathroom. I can see veins in my lower abs and this scale tells me I'm 22%... I don't think so. Save your money and get some calipers. Or, better yet, get yourself dunked now and then.

Dingo12 said:
I don't think the 10% rule works for me, that would put me at 8% which for a female is very low especially when I haven't been dieting! Heck I wish I was 8%, I'd be almost ready for competing!

I think I'm about 14-16%.

The thing that confused me was that I lost 5 lbs with DNP and I know DNP removes mostly fat yet my bf reading didn't change on the scale.
i beleave the more water you hold from "supplements" the higher your bf% will check on these devices

They are pretty far off on the BF% reading but...

I think they are good for measuring relative changes in BF. Mine says I'm 27%. I think I'm at around 20%. From what I've read and heard I'd say that most of the readings overestimate bodyfat by 5-15%.

These scales work on an equation that is thrown off by excess water and muscle. They are completely worthless to a bodybuilder. An easy way to monitor bodyfat is simply to get a pair of plastic calipers and pinch your stomach about an inch from your navel. Do this three times and take the average measurement. Repeat this once every few days. If the pinch is up you are becoming a fat ass. If it is down you are on the right path. All bodyfat readings are simply estimations, they mean very little outside of their settings. So make sure you always use the same method. Realize also that if you do use the scale a significant muscle gain will register as fat, because it simply slows do the electric current.:devil:

I thought the scales worked on the principle that muscle and water conduct the current whilst fat will not.

I find that when I am not hydrated the fat reading is higher and once I am hydrated the fat reading is lower.

They suck

Last summer when I was at 5% bf the damn scales said I was at 26%. I only use them to judge whether or not I am going up or down.

Top Bottom