Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Welcome to the Bodybuilding and the Law Board

Rick Collins

Author/Lawyer
Platinum
Welcome to EF's new "Bodybuilding and the Law" board! Mike DiMaggio and I will endeavor to make responsive posts to as many of your criminal law questions as possible. To follow up on Citruscide's comments on what to post/not post, please understand that the posts of the mods on this board must be for the purposes of providing general information, not legal advice, and do not of themselves create any attorney-client relationships. Anyone who is contacted by law enforcement authorities as a possible target of investigation or arrest should seek competent legal counsel immediately. It still baffles us to hear people who've had their steroid packages seized, their houses searched, and been told by law enforcement authorities that they'd "better cooperate" ask, "Do you think I need a lawyer?" Duh!

Those of you who are concerned about the continued legal, over-the-counter availability of prohormone products should feel free to post questions here as well (and visit the forum at www.USFA.biz for the latest news). Mike and I are aggressively involved in the fight to preserve the legality of safe dietary supplement products.

Lastly, we want to express our great appreciation to all those who have supported my web site and my book, LEGAL MUSCLE. That includes, of course, my friend George Spellwin and my new friends on this board, including Citruscide. I look forward to your posts!

Best regards,
Rick Collins, Esq.
www.SteroidLaw.com

I only support books that I feel have value... and your book is beyond value in my opinion.

I agree as well... I will include that in the sticky.

If you get popped... "SHUT YOUR MOUTH" :) And if they start reading you your rights... say these words "I want to speak to an attorney... now" If they keep questioning you "are you sure" -- "YES... I want to speak to my attorney!!!"

Stop those interrogations NOW! :)

C-ditty

Man, Rick you are "THE MAN!" This is so cool that you are actually part of this site. I have read you book Legal Muscle cover to cover at least 3 times already, and have reccomended your book on a countless ammount of my posts on this board including another one tonight. I would like to publically thank you for all your support to this iron game. Your knowledge is absolutely priceless, and I hope more people purchase your fine book. Best wishes to you for future success.

Rick- if you can please take a look at my post on has anyone served time in a federal prison. Maybe you can clear up if I have to go in before sentencing just because i'm entering a guilty plea as part of my plea bargain. Thanks
---PEACE---Mad Max

Welcome Rick! We're so glad to have you here!

Thanks; Club Fed

Thanks, Latamier and all others, for spreading the word about LEGAL MUSCLE. The feedback has been astonishing.

A new client called a few days ago. Had his package seized and thereafter made every single mistake a person could possibly make in dealing with law enforcement. He said he wished he'd bought the book a week earlier, when he instead bought another popular book on the topic of steroids, and mused, "That didn't help me at all." Good point.

As for Mad Max's question, generally in federal court the defendant's bond status remains unchanged when a guilty plea is entered. When sentence is imposed on a defendant who has abided by all conditions of his release, the defendant is often permitted to continue at liberty until a fixed date upon which he must report to begin serving his sentence. As I'm sure you know, at sentence the base offense level may be adjusted upward or downward based upon various factors, most commonly "acceptance of responsibility." Sometimes, departures may exist to permit the judge to sentence outside the guidelines. I'm sure you've fully discussed these with your lawyer.

Good luck,
Rick

Thanks RICK- thats what I thought also, but got told by my lawyer 5 min. before court that the da won't allow me out and I would remain locked up till sentencing. My lawyer is a court appointed one and he hasn't worked on a case like mine in over a year he said. I have court this tuesday and was told by my lawyer that I will be going in. What really sucks is not being able to get in touch with the lawyer to answer these questions!! I guess I will se this tuesday.
This board is going to be more valuable than anyone can imagine. I just want to thank the mods of this board and gearge for creating this.
---PEACE---Mad Max

Rick one more question, is it ultimetaly up to the judge if I have to go in before sentencing or is it completely up to the DA? My situation is very weird. I'm being prosecuted with my friend who's in this even deeper than me. We stand next to eachother in court, the judge wants to keep us together. Now he has a VERY high priced good lawyer, my friend is claiming that his lawyer says there is no way he's gonna let his client go in. Who'd head is he going to have to go over? I am assuming I will benefit from his payed lawyer and if he can get his client to stay out I should be able to too right? Thanks again.
---PEACE---Mad Max

Mad Max said:
Rick one more question, is it ultimetaly up to the judge if I have to go in before sentencing or is it completely up to the DA? My situation is very weird. I'm being prosecuted with my friend who's in this even deeper than me. We stand next to eachother in court, the judge wants to keep us together. Now he has a VERY high priced good lawyer, my friend is claiming that his lawyer says there is no way he's gonna let his client go in. Who'd head is he going to have to go over? I am assuming I will benefit from his payed lawyer and if he can get his client to stay out I should be able to too right? Thanks again.
---PEACE---Mad Max

MadMax...I am Rick's full time Legal Clerk and I am happy to say that I have learned more about AAS and the law than I ever would have imagined. It has been a privilege to work alongside the master. Obviously, Rick is extremely busy and his time is limited; therefore, I will do my best to keep up with your questions in between visits from Rick himself. Many times I will be relaying Rick's thoughts and answers to save him time and allow you to hear the information straight from the number one authority on the subject.
I have been around the boards for years and I continue to keep our finger on the pulse of the happenings of the internet world. I must say that Elite has drawn an amazing group of members with infinite wisdom to share. I am confident that this forum will add a feature that cannot be found anywhere else on the net... the truth about the law!
I would like to thank George Spellwin for what is truly a brilliant idea for a forum and for all his support of Rick and Legal Muscle. I would also like to thank Citruscide for the time and information he shares with all his fellow board members. He is a valuable asset to the community.

Sorry for the intro...now to answer your question. From what I've seen from working with Rick, when two individuals are being charged together and one has a better lawyer, often the individual with the less experienced counsel will benefit from the deal or plea obtained by the more experienced attorney. This of course assumes that "their" culpability is equal to or less than that of their "friend."

Top Bottom