Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So apparently Microsoft investors are pressuring them to drop Xbox, E&D division

I USED to LOVE PS2 and I HATED XBOX but PS3 and Xbox 360, I just dont see anything appealing about the ps3. I had 2 ps3's go up on me and they did nothing to make up for it. I had one xbox go up on me and they sent me an Elite and a year of Live free. Most graphics are only better in Single player game on ps3 and in cutscenes, these dont make or break it for me because Im all about online multiplayer and only a few select single player titles for their stories.

So no Im not a FANBOY, I actually made the SWITCH over :)

LOL @ not reading, The division is shitty out money, has nothing to do with Xbox as it clearly states so Im not sure what you're referring to.

Those controllers are terribly designed, so just because you are used to them, that dual joystick non-sense is terribly designed...

I don't play arcade style fighting games, they bore me to death, and that d-pad only selects gadgets and things in shooters and minimally used for more than options in sports games. Works perfectly and perfectly placed to work for it's uses.

lol @ not bad load times, 95% of the games I played have 20min "updates" the first time I played them and god was online multiplayer laggy on the majority of games I played.

As I said, FANBOYS are what keeps PS alive...

Their Entertainment & Devices division only accounts for 10% operating margin compared to 72% for Windows. Xbox is the biggest investment in that division, and also accounts for the most losses. It's sad that they have to charge people to use an online service (when no one else does) and still have a meager profit margin compared their other divisions. Xbox Live has lag while supporting far fewer players in-game than PS3 exclusives, which you couldn't have been playing since most use dedicated servers (something XBL doesn't have), meaning little to no lag. Gears of War 2 multiplayer issues lit up the gaming forums with problems people were having even connecting to a server at all.

As far as fanboys, to imply that Xbox is devoid of them is laughable, especially since most people who have an Xbox in the first place are "hardcore gamers", whereas PS3 has a far more diverse fanbase, some who may not even play games at all.

[/Pot:Kettle].

I agree to an extent but Apple wouldn't be any better than MS or Sony. Microsoft, Intel, AMD, Nvidia, etc. should start investing more in fortifying the PC gaming market and replace DRM with a less intrusive, more dynamic authentication process. IE think more like Valve/Blizzard. Any sales still lost to piracy would be small change compared to the ocean of marketshare available. Nintendo can have the consoles (I doubt Sega will ever get back into hardware), chump change next to what PC gaming could be.

Also, it'd be nostalgic to see arcade make a comeback. But that's wishful thinking.

didn't say they would be, just that they'd try......no I have no illusions about apple being anything stellar in the console market. But they will try, mark my words. And they will use their size to muscle their way in and crowd out anybody who's doing something legit. But it would be funny to see them use those tactics on sony.

Their Entertainment & Devices division only accounts for 10% operating margin compared to 72% for Windows. Xbox is the biggest investment in that division, and also accounts for the most losses. It's sad that they have to charge people to use an online service (when no one else does) and still have a meager profit margin compared their other divisions. Xbox Live has lag while supporting far fewer players in-game than PS3 exclusives, which you couldn't have been playing since most use dedicated servers (something XBL doesn't have), meaning little to no lag. Gears of War 2 multiplayer issues lit up the gaming forums with problems people were having even connecting to a server at all.

As far as fanboys, to imply that Xbox is devoid of them is laughable, especially since most people who have an Xbox in the first place are "hardcore gamers", whereas PS3 has a far more diverse fanbase, some who may not even play games at all.

[/Pot:Kettle].

LMAOLOLOLOLOL @ The "dedicated servers" argument! I love how PS3 fans bring this up all the time but if I polled my friends that have both consoles, they ALL play the MAJORITY of their online games on Xbox Live. I know 6 people locally that I play with online that BANNED PS3 online play from their lives because of how BAD the lag and disconnects are on MULTIPLE GAMES. Gears 2 is the only game anyone ever brings up that had issues because they jacked their servers settings up for the first week before fixing things. My friend has been trying to play CODMWF2 on PS3 and says he gets disconnected 3 out of 4 matches even with his PS3 stating he has 90-100% connection to the internet. Also Ps3 has no options for reading an N-network. I stopped playing online on PS3 for the same reasons, I could barely get through a full game without myself or the hosts dropping games. All of your arguments look good on paper and very few translate into the real world.

The majority of people (not the hard core gamers) will be playing app games on smart phones or tablets (ipads). Why? Because they are $1.99 and fun and don't have to have another device to play.

Xbox will never make a profit while iPad has been out 3 months and has probably already made more money on game sales.

LOL @ Ipad

Yeah they have sold alot, I can also name about 20 down south ghetto horrible rappers that have sold a TON of CDS? Does this make them good? Or just mean that humans are TRENDY as FUCK and will buy whatever advertising tells them to...Im going to go with choice 2...

Ipad, I nice BIG tablet with NO ability to CONNECT ANYTHING to it...Until version 4 after all the retards buy the first 3 editions that are all about the same minus a few minor tweaks here and there...

Like the first iPhone, NO CAMERA?! lmao People still bought it up like retards...

LOL @ Ipad

Yeah they have sold alot, I can also name about 20 down south ghetto horrible rappers that have sold a TON of CDS? Does this make them good? Or just mean that humans are TRENDY as FUCK and will buy whatever advertising tells them to...Im going to go with choice 2...

Ipad, I nice BIG tablet with NO ability to CONNECT ANYTHING to it...Until version 4 after all the retards buy the first 3 editions that are all about the same minus a few minor tweaks here and there...

Like the first iPhone, NO CAMERA?! lmao People still bought it up like retards...

Not until here recently did cell phones start to have decent cameras built into them. At the time of the original iphone the only pic you got with a cell phone was a grainy ass shitty quality picture anyways.

Not until here recently did cell phones start to have decent cameras built into them. At the time of the original iphone the only pic you got with a cell phone was a grainy ass shitty quality picture anyways.

Incorrect, at the time the iphone was released phones overseas had up to 8mp cameras. At the time the original came out phones had up to 2mp cameras in the US and talks of 5mp were all over the net and rumor mills, I know I was selling phones at the time.

Incorrect, at the time the iphone was released phones overseas had up to 8mp cameras. At the time the original came out phones had up to 2mp cameras in the US and talks of 5mp were all over the net and rumor mills, I know I was selling phones at the time.

who gives a fuck about overseas. The quality of pics w/those 1.3 and 2MP cameras was still utter shit.

Top Bottom