Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder Exercises That Don't Involve Pressing

gorillahung

My left shoulder hurts too bad to do pressing moves overhead. My staple used to be dumbell military presses but they hurt too bad now. Currently my shoulder routine consists of upright rows using a cable machine, dumbell lateral raises, and rear delt flyes on the pec-deck. Does anyone have any suggestions for another mass builder that doesn't involve overhead pressing?

welcome to the club bro. my PT pretty much told me I would not be able to do militaries or benching heavy for the forseeable future

what you can utilize is TRX and bands to do pushups at an angle where you aren't putting pressure on your shoulder.. ALSO declines will put less pressure on your shoulders and more on your chest.. stay away from inclines though

also you need to be working on mobility and stretching of the shoulder. the tighter your shoulder gets, the longer it will take to heal and the more prone to injury

Do you know what the injury is? You should look at getting it fixed instead of working around it. Here are some things that are great to take for healing:

-legit pharmacy HGH
-Ostarine
-Nutrobal
-fish oil
-n2jointrx

You could also do cable lateral raises and machine lateral raises.

Honestly, if you are doing a lot of pressing for chest, you really don't need to do much pressing movements for shoulders. Anytime you bench press, you get a huge amount of shoulder activation.

Your shoulders are actually an endurance muscle. They are primarily made of slow twice muscle fibres. If I was in your situation, I would stick to laterals and upright rows and focus on 20+ reps per set and really try to get an insane pump and burn on each working set.

I'm still able to do flat bench pressing and inclines on a machine so I'm getting anterior delt work there. I guess the upright rows hit the medial delt and I'm doing the reverse pec-deck flyes for posterior work. I added machine lateral raises too. My injury is simple bursitis. On my left it was aggravated in my first car accident. My left arm was smashed against the door and it was jammed up into my shoulder.

TBH, follow Jeff Cavaliere on YouTube. He isn't some massive bodybuilder, but is actually a physical therapist with tons of good info. I believe his channel is Athlean-X (idk about the hyphen lol)
He has had shoulder injuries before and has a few videos on how to work your shoulder without hurting it. A lot of them are machine workouts that he has created himself to still maximize the pump but without risking injury or making existing injuries worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom