Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

opinions on chiopractor

jhweatherby

I know this is probably where ishouldnt post this but this is where i spend most of my time when im the boards. So whats the general census? I havent been to one in years but i feel like i need to go to get realigned, but i heard once you start going you have to keep going? Any way i would like to hear what my bros opinions are.

Make sure the chiropractic is specific and not just a bone cracker. Everyone should be under straight/specific chiropractic care. Chiropractors are doctors of the nervous system and there mission is to restore the flow of mental impulses throughout the body so everything is functioning at 100%. Find an upper-cervical or Gonstead practitioner that actually uses instrumentation. One thing to look out for: Typically chiros who offer many other modalities (massage,physical therapy,acupuncture,etc..) are the ones that are not good.

#1 i tryed everything for my lower back, accupunture, physio, NSAIDs .. but chiro actaully fixed the prob, went for 14 months 3 times a week ..probably dropped over 4 gs but i had x-rays done every 3 months to actually see the difference.. theres a lot of diff opinions on it.. but like ufc22 said.. u gotta find a good one... it actually makes u feel really healthy when ur nervous system flows well....

I don't buy into chiro's tbh... I went to one years ago... and after probably 6-7 an I still wasn't seeing any improvement... though it did seem to feel better for the rest of the afternoon.... and that was about it!! he kept saying that "some treatments take months"... and that meant ALOT of money going in his pocket!! finally my GF's sister caught wind of it and offered me some free massages and she shared an office with an accupunturist and with that combo the problem cleared right up, would only have to go every few weeks when it got bad and then after a few visits it was done!!

I think they have some benefits, but I think they are a scam. Great front for insurance fraud or getting unwarranted disability pay though.

not to bust the happy bubble here but they aren't Dr.'s they don't have DEA registration number like Board Certified medical Dr.'s to Prescribe Meds And the only way they have gotten and kind of legitimacy is because the "REAL" MD's don't want a raise in malpractice insurance when they misdiagnose a soft tissue injury.So the chiropractor's get the nod from the auto insurance industry to keep then number one cause of STI from becoming the next news story on CNN . See if your not a Certified Doctor (AMA) the government has no need to regulate or interfere with them thus no numbers get reported as most of the time if they do it's a low balled number. And then the Insurance industry as no reason to justify there adsorbent rates. No real numbers to base it upon. No government control...
FMT

jhweatherby said:
I know this is probably where ishouldnt post this but this is where i spend most of my time when im the boards. So whats the general census? I havent been to one in years but i feel like i need to go to get realigned, but i heard once you start going you have to keep going? Any way i would like to hear what my bros opinions are.

I think that everybody would benefit from getting their spines checked by a chiropractor (I may have a biased opinion on this as I am a Chiropractor myself).

You mentioned that "once you start going you have to keep going", that is not true at all. Most people continue to get Wellness care (similar to Denistry in philosphy) becasue they realize how much better they function, feel with a properly functioning nervous system.

Good points UFC22 and Tin2

make sure he/she is a SPORTS RELATED CHIRO....they are better for athletes....regular chiro just get neck/law suit clientel and dont do shit for you but waste your time!!

BigCracker said:
I think they have some benefits, but I think they are a scam. Great front for insurance fraud or getting unwarranted disability pay though.
exactly. They are known as huge overbillers. California department of insurance has a very active fraud sting going on right now to crack down on their bullshit.

that being said. If I am in pain, I will see a voodoo practitioner if it fixes my back. Chiropractics has helped me in the past.

6FULLMETALTRUCKIE9 said:
not to bust the happy bubble here but they aren't Dr.'s they don't have DEA registration number like Board Certified medical Dr.'s to Prescribe Meds And the only way they have gotten and kind of legitimacy is because the "REAL" MD's don't want a raise in malpractice insurance when they misdiagnose a soft tissue injury.So the chiropractor's get the nod from the auto insurance industry to keep then number one cause of STI from becoming the next news story on CNN . See if your not a Certified Doctor (AMA) the government has no need to regulate or interfere with them thus no numbers get reported as most of the time if they do it's a low balled number. And then the Insurance industry as no reason to justify there adsorbent rates. No real numbers to base it upon. No government control...
FMT

Sounds a little hostile, jealous... I am a "Doctor" of Chiropractic, D.C.
To educate you a little, the reason Chiropractors do not have DEA reg. numbers (drug enforcement agency) is that they do not want them. The philosphy of chiropractic is not to prescribe drugs and cover up symptoms but to uncover the cause of the health condition.

By pushing drugs (meds) just to cover your bodies warning signs makes no sense. By the time your body becomes symptomatic it is telling you something is wrong. Why would you want to take a drug to make your body think that it is not having that symptom? That is all that meds usually do, is they cover your bodies important warning signs (and casue a host of side effects, usually more problematic than the original symptom).

Top Bottom