Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Late Night Protein??

V-SHAPE

IM ON A CUTTING DIET AND I ALWAYS EAT PROTEIN RIGHT BEFORE I SLEEP. USUALLY A NO CARB SOURCE SUCH AS A SHAKE OR TUNA.WILL EATING MY LAST MEAL SO CLOSE TO BEDTIME SLOW DOWN MY CUTTING PROGRESS?

As long as its not a huge amount and you throw in some flax or something to slow the digestion I wouldn't think it would hurt.

To tell you the truth, there are too many theories out there about eating before bed.
(1)Example: 'drinking a protein shake before bed will increase (up) Nitrogen balance into a positive.'
(2)Example: 'drinking a protein shake or eating before bed will decrease fat burning.'

Now, personally, I have tried both of the above methods and, as it seems, I came up with my own theory:

1- 1 1/2 hours before going to bed, have a protein shake that consists of the following proteins: CASEINATE,WHEY,EGG,SOY,MILK
(you can use egg whites, but as for the milk, I'd recommend getting milk protein--due to the fact that it has no carbs, unlike skim milk)

This has worked very marvelously for me. It also seemed to do wonders as far as muscle loss went.

Definately have a low carb protein drink before bed. Try the "night formula" from the protein factory. I haven't used it in a while, but will order some soon. It's a combination of milk protein isolate, caseinate, CFM whey, and soy protein isolate. I added Aminogen to mine, and it came out to under 5 dollars a pound if i remember correctly. That, and two teaspoons of flax before bed. Now, the night formula isn't the best tastin mix. I suggest you order a pound of each of the different flavors and find the one you like best. It's made for slow digestion and absorption, and is naturally high in BCAA's and glutamine. I used it at night ONLY.

So overall do you think it is "better"( as far as absorption and fat loss), to take in a nighttime protein formula such as soy, whey and egg shake. Or is it better to have some real food like orange roughy or chicken. what do you think? No difference? thanks

MuscleDm, I've always liked the idea of a custom protein formulation for several reasons. The convenience, the cost, and the ease of preparation. I have to admit I have a very hard time maintaining my body composition without the use of MRP's and protein drinks. It makes it so much easier for me. As far as absorbtion and fat loss, I think the protein drink will be a better pick. It's not cooked, contains almost zero carbs, very low in fat, and because it's liquid, it will absorb very easily. Go over to the protein factory and read up on the night formula.

i like to cook up a few egg whites before bed. all i buy is whey protein, maybe i should look into more soy,milk base, etc. for before bed.

I know everyone seems to have a different opinion.....

I'd honestly stick with a casein protein or whole foods. Casein digests slowly, which means a steady release of aminos while you're resting. (Yogurts, cottage cheese, etc.) Whole foods, like tuna or salmon, are also slower to digest and should do the job well. (for the love of God brush your teeth afterwards, though. :D )

Top Bottom