Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lankys propecia log/review

i currently decided to stop taking propecia, and have currently been off of the drug for the past 2-3 weeks...the gains in bodyfat have been to much for me to handle and the puffy face made me look like crap...after doing more research it has come to my knowledge that 5 alpha reductase is the bodys main mechanism for deactivating cortisol/cortisone (yes i also know the 11HSD pathway but that also reversable 11keto to 11hydroxy steriods "basicly deactivate and reactivate)once corticosteroids are 5alpha reduced in the body they are inactive(for the most part) and can be cleared from the body..basicly 5alpha reductase is the rate limiting reaction of clearing corticosteroids from your system,,,,this could explain why there is some facial bloat while on propecia and some of the increases in bodyfat and decreased gains,,,previous thought that the higher testosterone to DHT ratio while on propecia led to increased estrogen/estradiol leading to facial bloat(this may still hold merit as well and could be a combination problem.

finasteride DOES effect the rate at which cortisol is metabolized, however it is noted by several studies of finasteride that it does not effect blood levels of cortisol compared to baseline. this does not take into effect local tisue levels in the skin etc...

let me ask you a question? Do you want the cortisol that is currently sitting in the layers of your skin/dermis on your face to be sitting there wreaking havoc and not being deactivated because your 5alpha reductase is being tied up with finasteride.

yes cortisol is also deactivated in your prostate via 5AR. something you may not have known

now your taking finasteride and type 1 5alpha reductase is working overtime to try 5 alpa reduce testosterone and corticosteroids (system overload,,, somethings got to give)

forgive my rambling

anyway the past two weeks while stopping propecia i have never felt better...skin is not oilly yet but facial bloat has gone down i would say 50%..i went to the gym and i have noticed veins in my pecs that i havent seen in over a year..pumps are great, and ejaculation volume is up slightly on average..if only i cane get rid of this fat(i have been skinny/ripped my whole life until propecia..now i look like billy crystal.

plus i save $218 every 3 months

will i ever go on propecia again...NO..do i accept that i will be bald soon and go through a massive shedding of hair.yes..do i give a crap anymore what women may think of my hair..NO..because my health and wellbeing is not worth trying to impress some girl.. "F" IT

my log was actual propecia from a pharmacy.

coming soon....lankys DHT heptanoate ester log.....already synthed and ready to go....the phillies seemed to like it in 2006.oops

just kidding about the phillies......................................i know who you are

Excellent log, lanky. My husband is a poster here and I need to direct him to your log b/c he's considering finasteride.

He tried the extra strength minoxodil earlier this year real briefly but hated it b/c it made the hairs around the treated area so dry they became very damaged. Even I can see the damage. No idea how people who are just loosing some hair, rather than actually bald, can use that stuff...just totally dries the surrounding hair horribly.

i wish i never went on the drug..i could have purchased a new boat or a great new set of golf clubs,,and most importantly i would not look like billy crystal....sorry billy, nothing personal.

looking back at pictures of my hair i can honestly said it made my hair look better(had the opposite effect on the rest of my body though.

btw. i was on rogain briefly 10 years ago,,did not like doing daily applications with the messy liquid..

my next log is going to be high purity resveratrol in a month or so(expensive stuff)

i wish i never went on the drug..i could have purchased a new boat or a great new set of golf clubs,,and most importantly i would not look like billy crystal....sorry billy, nothing personal.

looking back at pictures of my hair i can honestly said it made my hair look better(had the opposite effect on the rest of my body though.

btw. i was on rogain briefly 10 years ago,,did not like doing daily applications with the messy liquid..

my next log is going to be high purity resveratrol in a month or so(expensive stuff)

Resveratrol can treat androgenic alopecia hair loss?

Resveratrol can treat androgenic alopecia hair loss?

not that im am aware of,,i was always interested in this chemical but was only able to handle taking the product for a few days because of the inferior 50% extract from giant knotweed extract that also contains a chemical called emodin which acts as a laxative...the product that i will be running is supposed to be 98-99% pure.

i may start taking it within the next month...already have the raw product on hand. based on gut instinct i think the supplier is a bit shady,,,we shall see......

just got my labwork results in the mail,,,i have been off of propecia since early march

total testosterone level 752 ng/dl (awesome)
free testosterone level 109

all other labwork within normal limits except billirubin which is chronicly elevated due to suspected gilberts syndrome

hdl/ldl ratio slightly worse (non significant changes from 4.5 years ago)

my face is starting to look normal again(chizzzelld)

just started taking resveratrol after the last lab draw.

have been off of propecia for approx 9 months. hair looks like crap again, and is actually worse than before i started propecia. i feel much better overall though.

off for over 2 years--hair worse than ever, started even thinning on the back of my head.

Top Bottom