Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Importance in order of bodyparts worked out

No I mean to do 5 reps of full clean and presses--Im not too worried about the squats and clean press on the same day---the question will be going from deads to clean and press---my legs are in really good shape---they will be able to handle the squat load--I don't doubt that---the strength I lose in season is upper body---my legs actually get stronger by the end of the year through maintenance lifts and all the skating---and I have been lifting for a solid two months so my upper body is pretty caught up---I think I am going to give this a try

Okay, definitely run the dual factor version here then: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4764723&postcount=381

If you want to clean you can substitute them for rows on M/F and follow the exact rep scheme. That's an option.

You can also substitute cleans or high pulls or clean pulls for the dead on Wednesday, that's another option. You can also combo this with the above in some way so that you are doing cleans M/F and clean pulls on W.

The main issue with doing Clean and Press on Wednesday (just fogetting about any cleaning on M/F for the sake of argument) is that the clean is going to take away from your presses. You will press more without having to clean the weight each rep. If you are worried about upper body strength this is going to affect your overhead work. In addition, it's just too much pulling volume after deads. Your body is going to be wrecked. Squats, deads, and clean & press in a single workout is going to be very taxing. Maybe with AM/PM sessions you could manage a bit better - maybe split it into 2 days. I don't know what to tell you other than many people with decent lifts dread the Wednesday workout in the loading phase and are at their limit in weeks 3/4. Very few people can tolerate this extra work and I don't know anyone that can set records in the 5x5 dead and the 5x5 clean and press after squatting 5x5 in a single session without almost dropping - unless of course their press sucks so it winds up being not very taxing. The other side of that is you can start it and see how it goes for you. It's easy to drop and just press from the rack.

Thanks Madcow---I really appreciate all the time you put in with your responses---definitely cannot wait to get going on this program

Madcow2 said:
Okay, definitely run the dual factor version here then: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4764723&postcount=381

If you want to clean you can substitute them for rows on M/F and follow the exact rep scheme. That's an option.

You can also substitute cleans or high pulls or clean pulls for the dead on Wednesday, that's another option. You can also combo this with the above in some way so that you are doing cleans M/F and clean pulls on W.

The main issue with doing Clean and Press on Wednesday (just fogetting about any cleaning on M/F for the sake of argument) is that the clean is going to take away from your presses. You will press more without having to clean the weight each rep. If you are worried about upper body strength this is going to affect your overhead work. In addition, it's just too much pulling volume after deads. Your body is going to be wrecked. Squats, deads, and clean & press in a single workout is going to be very taxing. Maybe with AM/PM sessions you could manage a bit better - maybe split it into 2 days. I don't know what to tell you other than many people with decent lifts dread the Wednesday workout in the loading phase and are at their limit in weeks 3/4. Very few people can tolerate this extra work and I don't know anyone that can set records in the 5x5 dead and the 5x5 clean and press after squatting 5x5 in a single session without almost dropping - unless of course their press sucks so it winds up being not very taxing. The other side of that is you can start it and see how it goes for you. It's easy to drop and just press from the rack.
Amen to that. The past two weeks I've struggled to clean the bar for my presses and had to resort to the squat rack to start the weight from my shoulders. This is despite that I swapped out the rows in favour of cleans for M/F.

Regarding Wednesday in the loading phase, all I can manage is a nervous chuckle as I think of today's coming workout. Once the deadlifts are finished, coherent thought and focussed lifting becomes hard.

Veretta9 said:
Ahhh...one last question---what would be your take on me taking a type of CEE supplement during this program?

I'm not a good acronym person and I haven't really followed the supplement world in at least 8 years. What's a CEE?

Madcow2 said:
I'm not a good acronym person and I haven't really followed the supplement world in at least 8 years. What's a CEE?
It's the new creatine delivery method: Creatine Ethyl Ester

Blut Wump said:
It's the new creatine delivery method: Creatine Ethyl Ester

If it works, do it. Unless it's radically different or has major adverse effects I can't see an issue.

Veretta9 said:
Well ya got me amped to start this program---thanks doggy

I'm excited for you. Believe me, everyone here by week 2/3 could already feel their body changing, knew that they were getting much strong, more powerful, and growing. It's almost like the first time you deadlift, clean, or squat - you just kind of know that they work really well. Be sure to post back and let us know how you are doing on it.

Top Bottom