Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Wasnt Going To Say Anything But...i Am Hurt

all good advice man,get that shit checked out and take abreak.thats the same advice you gave me last year when i got injured......come on.......you come too far man.......

GO GET IT CHECKED OUT BRO, ITS NOT WORTH MESSING YOURSELF UP EVEN MORE. GOOD LUCK BRO.

Thanks guys! All excelent advice. I will say this about my traiing.

I got new shirts that must be tested. Right now my bench is in a very awkward stage. I can lockout 700 with my new one, but the last few inches is impossible to get down. Now what good is a shirt if they dont touch? I have been testing so much equipment that i really have cut out Flat bench for the most part. I warm up, get to 405 and then been tossing the shirt on. Thats why up till now my biggest pain from benching is elbows. Now on the same note 3 to 4 weeks ago i was primed! It wasnt till the 765 squat that i had inflamation in bi's and elbows to the point there at now. Then after the 805 squat is when all my parts really it there low. Honestly i attribute this to squatting more then benching. With all the shirtin i was doing i skipped out on a lot of thurs board work and lightend up on the days i did come in.

Here is what i should have done. Jimmie Dean my partner is about 100% westside. He has been on the box this whole time except to do a 725 and 765. Then he was back on the box. Had i felt confident with my suit (altered and had to test it too) like i am now i should have done the same. I have pulled once in 9 weeks and my low back was ready(still may be ) to take 600 on a 3rd attempt. If i skip squats for one week , my patella inflamation and bicep and elbow pain all but disapear. Thats why i figured 10 plus days off before the meet i would be fine. My bench routine works. All at my gym (ALL) bench over 500lbs. From 181 to 275. Now if i hadnt been testin shirts i would have done my usual and only droped to double reps in the bench 4 weeks out. Usually i stay around 3, if i feel strong i go for 2 never do i raw single. BUt i took off last year to concentrate on bench only and made excellent progress. Cause squattin kills me. Heavy squattin. Box squat do not, no matter how heavy.

Jay-- i believe in Westside 100%. But i am just a little scared to give my bench to it. Squat and deadlifts are very good right now thanks to westside! Maybe i will give it 100% for a few months. Like i said i am just scared.

Guys all your advice was great, problem is i dont have insurance right now. I just go to school. And i dont get much pell.

Good news is no bruise to day. Yes i am still in shock and havent excepted anything except i am overtrained. But i am already qualified for the bench bash this year i do not have to re qualify at all. The top 3 at the bench bash go to the arnold classic. So that truly is my number 1 agenda. And they moved the BB for cash to Nov. SO there is plenty of time. If i can do this meet on the 1st i will. I have hope that it will feel better. Dam i hope.

I did learn a few things getting ready for this meet. And i owe to my partner who displays so much confidence in his ability that he does not squat his max or pull his max or really bench his max in the gym. He may hit 2nd attempt but no where near his max. And doesnt have to do his full contest mode in th egym. Meaning suit up for 4 to 5 weeks like i did. Instead of kicking his box out of the way i should have got back on it. So in the future less prep and relax a little bit going into it. Remeber guys i have little experince with full power meets , like 3.

But in one week i smoked a 765 squat, and did a 700 lb off a 3 brd in the same week. That was one week before the 805. At that point is when i should have been ready to compete. I tried a different approach and it just made me sore and over trained. I peaked to early io believe. I think if this is ok the rest will help but my biggest numbers would have come that week. Live and learn! Thanks for the support guys, your the best.

great job Jay

glad you're feeling better, and that there is no bruise, how is the swelling?

Kick ass in Nov. I go to the Arnold every year and want to see you in action!

The swellin is still there but it ok. It hurts but not like my last injuires. Thank god. If it turns out ok soon wether by next wek or 2 months this is a wake up call. I need to take it easy on my poor body. I make this promise though. If Now i say only IF i was to ever get hurt to wear i could not bench heavy anymore, you can beat your ass and your savings i will become the best Bodybuilder the south has ever seen!

injury

PLjay....im glad to hear your feeling better!! Once, about 6 years ago, i was doing partial deads, from the knees, in the power rack, I pulled, and soon as the weight broke from the pins, I felt a god awful pain, exactly in the spot your talking about! It swole that night, it lasted for about 10 days, but the way you describe your injury, sounds just like mine!!! Keep your head up and heal bro!!! TAKE A BREAK SOON!!!! I want to see you around competing for a while, besides, you convinced me to go 242, I dont want to go against myself bro!! LOL take care!

Scared of what?? Getting hurt?? You've already been thru that several times and have come back. Getting hurt happens but you've gotta learn from your mistakes. Or are you worried about changing your training will result in getting weaker?? Everytime time I changed my training I got stronger in something, maybe not what I was aiming for, but I did get stronger. Like I said, it's up to you how to train but what good is anything if it leads to getting injured half the time?? Train smart, and train for the meet, not your gym ego. That is the hardest thing is to keep the gym ego in check, but it is a must.

Top Bottom