Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have to ask your thoughts on CrossFit

bigmann245

I know its been asked but what are your thoughts on this type of workout? I have female friends that are wanting to lose weight but so far all they gained was muscle and its not what they want. They wont listen to me but am I wrong? Please set me straight if i am wrong.

I'm not a big crossfit fan, never done it before...but, some people love it, and if crossfit keeps them committed to the gym, then cheers to them and crossfit...personally, I prefer the heavy iron for anyone.

If done properly then I could be great but a lot of places are only interested in fast times and promote shit form which I can see leading to injuries.. and kipping pull up.. the fuck is that shit

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using EliteFitness

Don't know how to answer the op's question other than suggesting lighter weights during the workouts and tell the chicks to watch their diets.

Check out crossfitfootball, you might like some of the workouts.

deadlifts and squats work the core too bro. :p just sayin. ;)

yeah I did boot camp for a while and I didn't get the same benefit as straight weightlifting in terms of strength

it was more fun though just to compete against everyone else in the class.. i recommend it to anyone who wants to stay motivated and isn't disciplined enough to workout on their own in a gym setting

I know its been asked but what are your thoughts on this type of workout? I have female friends that are wanting to lose weight but so far all they gained was muscle and its not what they want. They wont listen to me but am I wrong? Please set me straight if i am wrong.

You can never outrun a bad diet. My guess is they're probably eating the same, if not more because they think exercise makes you hungry.

I like Crossfit. I do it at home so I don't get into the religion of it and I only compete against my own times.

I've added a 53lb kettlebell to the 35lb. You'd be surprised what you can do with this plus bodyweight exercise.

homegym.jpg

I've done 4 sessions the last 4 Sundays (my buddy has a CF gym). I was completely against it before trying it. Now I really like it since I'm cutting. It adds a different full body workout instead of a boring treadmill or stepper for 1 hour. Now I can't really see if helping with strength or size gains... but in terms of burning fat and endurance i can really see it being beneficial

Sent from my Nexus S using EliteFitness

Its good all around work out for muscle strength, muscle endurance and aerobic exercise. People criticize it for not being the best work out for any of those things, but for a lot of people, that combination is the best compromise for a goal of moderate strength, cardio fitness and calorie burning for the amount of time spent.

Top Bottom