Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here's my DF 5 x 5, modified

The email address on their (JOPP's) mail is [email protected]

I wrote saying that I had a current subscription to PurePower and would be prepared to accept a free subscription to JOPP and giving my name and postal address.

Since I sent it as a reply to their mail it ended up with a subject line of:
Re: My PurePowermag subscription

It'll cost little to mail them if they don't write to you. Of course, they might start to spam you and you might prefer that they simply forget about you.

Fun week, leading up to vacation.

Back update: Feeling almost normal, except for when I sit for a long time - then it's achey and stiff but loosens up after a few steps. Also, I tried some back squats with just the bar and I was able to get lower before I felt my back pull a bit, so I know it's getting better but not 100% yet.

Hang Clean + FSQ
Bar x 3 x 5
65 x 3 x 3
95 x 2 x 1
115 x 3 x 2

Again, just practicing. Sometimes I do some powershrugs with the weight first just to remind myself. Probly need coaching but whatever ;)

Bench
Bar x 20
135 x 5
185 x 2
225 x 1
255 x 1
275 x 1
305 x 1 (PR)

Still rebounding I guess :p 305 wasn't that bad, maybe because I only did singles up to my top weight. It kept moving without any hitches, no drama.

BB row

115? (funky bar) x 4 x 6

First time I'd done rows since I tweaked my back. No pain or twinges, pretty easy weight.

Hypers/Rev Hypers

Mini x 3 x 10

NIce. Three wheels next time?

Seems to me that the injury is minor and that you'll come out of this stronger than before. All's well that ends well, right?

Last edited:
That's cool. You hit 300 and kept going. A bit of reconditioning after you return from vacation should have you on three wheels soon enough. Congrats

Guinness5.0 said:
NIce. Three wheels next time?

Seems to me that the injury is minor and that you'll come out of this stronger than before. All's well that ends well, right?

Thanks G. Probably 310, 10lb jumps on bench kinda scare me :rainbow: Although on Friday I may try for a couple sets of doubles at 295 or 300. And then try for some singles on Monday. No rhyme or reason, just kind of staying with the 5 x 5 template...

Yeah I think the back injury was minor - if nothing else it was a good lesson to learn. The first few days I thought I'd be in traction, fortunately I started making daily improvements after that. I'm a little wary of deadlifting heavy, though, at least for awhile. I may even switch back to semi-sumo initially, just to keep my lower back out of it.

blut wump said:
That's cool. You hit 300 and kept going. A bit of reconditioning after you return from vacation should have you on three wheels soon enough. Congrats

Thank you BW. The funny thing is I was thinking of running HST when I got back since the week of vaca would serve as SD, plus I'd likely be pretty fat from all those 2am pizzas :Chef: Still - and this goes back to my question about conjugate/concurrent periodization - I'd hate for my bench to drop down to the 280-290's or so before I started another 5 x 5...

nelmsjer said:
Don't you love fun week before vacation?

Well I have about 3 weeks so I didn't know what to do with myself and with the back injury I just thought I'd do some light stuff just for fun. 3 weeks is pushing it, though ;)

Week 1 Day 2 of Fun Week

Hang Clean + OHP

Bar x 3 x 5
95 x 3 x 3
115 x 5 x 3

Definitely needs some work on the catch and getting my hands in position to press it.

I had to wait for a squat rack. One guy was doing hang cleans, the other guy was doing ATF squats. WTF ;)

Deadlift :eek:
135 x 2 x 5
225 x 12 x 2

First deads since I got hurt - 2 weeks to the day in fact. I tried some conventional and sumo, alternating. Just light stuff, though. I did conventional with a light mini, just for giggles.

My conventional was really fast, my sumo was less so, they felt kinda strange after not having done them for awhile. Neither stance gave me any pain whatsoever and I was very careful to set my back. I did feel the slightest twinge when I bent over with rounded back to get my water bottle ;)

Chinups
BW x 2 x 8, x 6

Pretty sad, I couldn't even complete 3 x 8 with bodyweight.

Dips
40 x 4 x 6

Just trying a new rep range. Easy.

I forget - how are you setting up the bands for deads? Pics would be cool but you're such a cunning linguist that I bet you could make sense of it with words :)

I lay the band over the center of the bar and step on the ends. Pretty basic. It takes some practice to get your foot over it comfortably since you're stepping on the ends of a rubber band, so there's '2' bands to get under your foot. Probably won't work very well with the bigger bands but I can't see myself going higher than a small band.

I thought I'd be able cunning enough to describe it but I may have to snap a photo...

QS Sis had described this setup that I haven't tried:

We choke them off a squat rack in front of and then choke them off a flat bench behind and throw a couple 45s on top of the bench so it stays put.

4-10-06 Monday Workout :)

High Hang Clean
135 x 8 x 3

Fun stuff. Pretty easy, which scares me since I can muscle it up. I think looking in the mirror helps me since I can see my shrug happenin' :rolleyes:

Squat
135 x 4 x 6

First back squats since I hurt my back. No pain, no discomfort at all. I quickly put the plates away after my 4th set to resist the temptation to go heavier. BTW, my left knee hurts a little, which is odd since I haven't squatted heavy in almost 3 weeks :confused:

Anyway, I really tried to sit between my legs. Although the thought crossed my mind 'where else would I sit?' ;)

Bench
Bar x 20
135 x 5
185 x 2
225 x 1
255 x 1
275 x 1
310 x 1?
225 x 8

Well I had a spotter on 310. It felt great coming off the rack, it slowed at my sticking point but still moving and my spotter tapped the bar. Afterwards he said 'I kinda jumped in early didn't I?' And I was like 'uh, yeah'. Kinda peeved but not too much, I may try again on Friday.

225 x 8 was easy, hadn't done this high of reps in a long time lol

BB row
155 x 4 x 6

Easy. Lower back felt nice and solid, no twinge or anything.

Oh yeah, the 2 guys I describe in the morons thread were doing chest and tri's today, they were doing skulls when I tossed my stuff on the floor behind them to get ready to do my rows. So I guess my chalk bag made a puff as it hit the floor and the one guy says to the other 'Dude we gotta get some chalk. All the buff guys use chalk, I bet our bench goes through the roof if we get some chalk'. At first I thought 'hm I'm not that buff. Maybe dead sexy...but not buff per se' Then I looked behind me and some buff guy was chalking up for his bench :sulk:

Top Bottom