Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

have you ever skateboarded?

pdaddy said:
I skated for about 6 years right after mastering the 180 kickflip, shit is tough and hurts like hell when you roll over a pebble or slap your shins.

Yeah. But nothing puts you in check faster when you're a teenager when you're moving along pretty fast, see a girl check you out, you try to be smoov and strike a laid back pose as you go by.... and catch a pebble under your wheel and eat shit. Like soooo not ready to eat shit shit eatery. Pebbels in your palms, chapstick broke in your pocket, pride hurt worse than balls in a clamp.

Never happened to me, of course. I, um, heard it can happen.

jnevin said:
Yeah. But nothing puts you in check faster when you're a teenager when you're moving along pretty fast, see a girl check you out, you try to be smoov and strike a laid back pose as you go by.... and catch a pebble under your wheel and eat shit. Like soooo not ready to eat shit shit eatery. Pebbels in your palms, chapstick broke in your pocket, pride hurt worse than balls in a clamp.

Never happened to me, of course. I, um, heard it can happen.

Oh shit, yes I know the feeling, the most damage was usually done to youe ego more than anything else. I have the scars on my hands to show for the imbedded pebbles, oh yea and a fractures clavicle. I miss it though still get the itch to hit the closed down gas station and tear up some nose-slides and crooked grinds.

Lumberg still skates. He skates from the metro to his office and back just about everyday. he's 30 yrs old. lol. he builds his own boards. he built one for my son also and now my son skateboards as well.

A friend of mine is a pro. I've watched him skate a lot.

I've skateboarded with my nephews before. I'm terrible. Even at 2 they were better than me. Then again I can barely walk without falling over.

I was actually good enough to ollie to a handrail. I could never do the 15 step ones like in the skate videos, but I was psyched. I grew up in W. Philly, so I was at UPENN all the time. They had these pipe liner things along the paths that were about knee high. We used to fly around, sliding, grinding, mostly falling. I had one of those geigh ass VSW hip packs to keep my inhaler in, because I'd fall on my side and break it in my pocket. Hurts so bad to fall right on that thing at full speed. It nails your IT band.

For about half a year. Could ollie pretty good, then I started getting into the gym and ditched the board for iron.

jnevin said:
I was actually good enough to ollie to a handrail. I could never do the 15 step ones like in the skate videos, but I was psyched. I grew up in W. Philly, so I was at UPENN all the time. They had these pipe liner things along the paths that were about knee high. We used to fly around, sliding, grinding, mostly falling. I had one of those geigh ass VSW hip packs to keep my inhaler in, because I'd fall on my side and break it in my pocket. Hurts so bad to fall right on that thing at full speed. It nails your IT band.

I've wiped out more times than I care to count attempting some huge board slide, in retrospect there were amny times I should have at least sustained a head injury of some sort.

Top Bottom