Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Grimmer And I Shirted Up Tonight!

powerlifterjay said:

Put tight ass shirt on! 675x1 forgot to pull my shirt down. No touch

even if i had 5 double denim bench shirts on, 675lbs would come crashing down on my chest... for you it didnt even touch that time

Guys everybody starts somewhere. My first bench meet i benched low 400lbs that was Nov 1999.

I actually got a new double denim on a fri and did 2 sets to feel it, and PR'd the next day at the meet. Off course i hav eused denim before but when i go tighter its all new again.

If you can use it for ST PETE great, if not next time. Or hell go raw!

Anytime any of ya'll want to come train in the "Golds house of pain" your more then welcome. Dont worry about what I lift. You just come train and you might learn something new. Or different.

When are you gonna be in St PETE i'ma show up there thur night or fri morning and weigh in fri morning and I'm staying there until sunday. My parents want to explore and after weigh ins I already told them I'm hitting every ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET. And that's exactly what I'm going to be doing. Right now i'm trying to gain weight and i just stay the same weight but I'm eating soooo much more my intake is 300g/carbs/day 150g/protein/day and about 70g/fat/day. And I just eat whatever. I love it it's like my body was meant to be for eating or somethin I dunno. But I can't wait to get this shirt and try it on. I still need to know how to train in it before my meet in march. Damn only 18 days away. My last training day will be tuesday and I'll rest til Saturday does that sound good.

Dude , if you calculate that out your only eating about 2500 cal/day 2430 to be exact. thats Nothing. I eat that before noon. Don't count calories just eat until you are full , sit there for 10 minutes, and eat another 10 bites of whatever you are eating and do it again the next time you eat. Between meals every hour or so eat Protien bar , or peanut butter crackers or a bag of chips or what ever you can get your hands on and then tell me you can't gain weight. Don't eat when you are hungry , eat before you get hungry.

Hell only 18 days. I'm gonna go eat some more dinner.

Haha, powerlifters have the coolest diets. :D

Another question to you big benchers. When you are training raw, do you touch the chest? I remember Jay saying he's done a few reps with like 500, and higher reps with well over 400. Are these to the chest? Just curious, thanks.

bench shirt book or video

Thats a lot of good info about bench shirts Jay. I think someone should write a book about bench shirts, including which ones to get, putting on, all the intricate and technical aspects. Seriously. Either a book or a video. I havent seen anything about it yet, has anyone seen anything about it? There must be thousands of people with bench shirts who would want to read it. I know that I would.

Bill Crawfird and sebastian Burns put out a video on bench shirts. I believe Bill was one of the first ones to wear a complete open back bench shirt. Bill has teh shirt down to a complete science.

Ya Bill crawford does have a video on shirts. Hell i need to get it!

When i bench in training the weight does touch my chest. No pause just quick touch n go.

Cubanito try the snickers and gatorade! It works for me!

This flu is kicking my ass, havent been out of bed since mOnday night. It was like the quickest i have ever been hit. Today i aint moving, and hopefully i will feel better.

I am having nightmares (for real) about these freakin bench shirts. What freakin good are they for me if i cant get nothing down. Think about this? i did my first meet in an open back denim last AUg. couldnt touch 1 and 2nd attempts got 3rd and 4th. weighed 235. Then at bench bash weighed 220 but lifted again around 235 or so. fucked up first attempt, (landed towrds my face), then got 2nd (opener again) and i believe i got 600 down. Jan 20th no touch no touch bomb. In my last 3 meets i have done a total of 10 attmeps and and got 3 lift with the shirt.

You must stay in the groove. BUt my tris can comfortably lift btween 600 and 625. But i odnt have a shirt for a 600 bench. In my meduim i may get between 625 and 635 but not fo ran opener. Anyting less then 600 i got a loose shirt before but its big, i get nothing out of it, i would be lucky to get 575 in it. So yes i may say i am a master of denim , i am going through a little rough spot. Dont worry i will iron it out. Bt i mean what a pain in the ass. This meet i will open light. My motto is go big or dont go. I dont wanna go lift an opener and miss the rest i assume bomb if its alight opener. But my wife thinks i am wasting time. She want me to win. Or dont go. So i didicate my opener to her!

I am having a similar problem but on a smaller scale. My shirt that Karin fixed up for me will not let anything less than about 460 to 470 touch. And thus far 475 is the most I have done in any shirt in the gym. I know if the wind is right and the powerlifting gods are with me that I can lock out 500 provided I get moving at a good pace off the chest, but I have a very narrow margin for error now, that I did not used to have.

I had intended to open on March 16th with 450 then 475, then shoot for 500 on the theory that I would open where I absolutely knew I could get it, a second attempt where I was over 90 percent sure, and a third attempt that was a 50/50 shot. But that theory is currently being revised.

I still havent really found my opener. Hopefully tonight, cause I aint putting that shirt on again after tonight till the 16th.

I hope to someday be posting on here about how pitiful it is not to be able to touch my chest with 600 plus. And I can guarantee you guys that if that ever does become a problem, you are going to hear about it.

Hope you get to feeling better real soon Jay, Grimmer congrats, and I am sure it will all come together in St. Pete. Think about the Okies when you guys are in St. Pete.

B.

Cubanito,

Quite simply you need to eat more, especially protein. You are not getting enough protein to maintain the muscle mass you should have.

Eat many cow, grow strong like bull.

Top Bottom