Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Going Snowboardin tomorrow wOOT wOOT

woot woot thats my name dont wear it out

snowboarding is SO much fun. just thinking about puts a huge grin on my face. i still remember last year i went out with my two best friends and had a great time! Boarding all day, learning how to hit the big jumps and rails. meeting snow bunnies (really hot ones, seriously). and just hanging out with my bros.

At the end of the day around 9:30 at night i was on my last run and i just felt destined to have the best run of the day. I went to the top of the mountain and BOLTED down the run. carving up a storm, zooming past others with them in awe of my kickassness. I was having such a good run and i saw this monster jump that i hit earlier in the day all slow and pussy-like. while hauling serious ass i hit that jump and oh my dear lord, i sailed, i floated, i touched the moon. it was fucking rediculous. i have never been that high and i travelled so far. then i fell and broke my back... just kidding, i stomped that shit and keep going all the way down the mountain.
the icing on the cake was my friend, who is better than i am, was shocked. he was like, "holy shit! you killed that jump. that air was sick!"
after that we went to the lodge and i just sat in utter glee. damn, that was a great time.

I'm going, hopefully the week after christmas, but i have a feeling that my friends have to do something else. one is going to florida tommorow and wont be back till the 26th, so i'm not sure if he will want to travel again and my other friend hasn't called me back the past week.

one more thing
i just a new all burton set-up
all 2005.

Board: Jussi 159
Bindings: Missions; silver
Boots: Freestyle; black, warm grey.
you might ponder why i got "cheap" boots. i have worked in a ski shop for 3 years and i have tried everything we have in the store and the freestyles are the most comfortable pair i have worn. even the $380 SL-7s dont hold a candle to them.

dugie65 said:
love boarding. Started early when i was 10, go 15-20 days out of the year.
i have only done it 5 or 6 times so maybe your experience can answer me a question. when i go, even though i have only been so few times, i can pretty do anything on any slope (besides double black, there's no point on a board) and hit just about everything in the terrain park. i cant do any crazy flips in the half-pipe but i at least can ride in it.
so my question is, how good are you after SO many years? does your skill grow and grow or does it plateau off?
I wasn't trying to come off as been this conceited awesome boarder but i just find it interesting that i could pick up so much so fast. what i was thinking is if i kept on going out would i keep getting better so rapidily as i am now or will i be slowed down by how big my balls are?

i'm from texas so it's pretty hard to make trips up to places with good snow. After awhile you really get bored of things, thats when heli-skiing comes in, along with taking on double blacks and backcountry. It's a lot of fun if you're smart about it, getting stuck on a board is absolutely no fun.

skill does increase, but i'm not even close to all these pro's who live on the mountain. After awhile skill does matter in tight situations, but mostly you just rely on balls, and if you want to be good, you've got to have some pretty huge gonads. Most of the sport relies on huge jumps and tricks now, so skill is changing over to trick riding.

I mainly ride for the joy of riding and taking on more difficult terrain, not for busting a bigger trick than the guy next to me.

thats pretty good that you can do that stuff so quickly.. usually boarding takes a while to learn... but it is for sure easier to learn how to do jumps and rails on a board. Took me 2 years and many bad falls to learn how to do any rail/jump my area can throw at me on my skis.. but theres still enough that i can't touch when i go out west

keep at it though, you'll keep progessing and along with that comes increased confidence, so you'll start hitting bigger and better stuff... which is the joy of snow sports! always something out there to improve on

Beachbum1546 said:
i have only done it 5 or 6 times so maybe your experience can answer me a question. when i go, even though i have only been so few times, i can pretty do anything on any slope (besides double black, there's no point on a board) and hit just about everything in the terrain park. i cant do any crazy flips in the half-pipe but i at least can ride in it.
so my question is, how good are you after SO many years? does your skill grow and grow or does it plateau off?
I wasn't trying to come off as been this conceited awesome boarder but i just find it interesting that i could pick up so much so fast. what i was thinking is if i kept on going out would i keep getting better so rapidily as i am now or will i be slowed down by how big my balls are?

Jaded -we were suppose to hit Mt St louis but the weather restricted us to Glen eden,which is a huge step up from chicopee and forces the learning curve alot more,I took my first black diamond today and didnt slam once,it was grand.

just got back from the titty bar and a bit or urban snowboarding,which was even more fun then a slope(and a yearly tradition)

HS lifter-im jealous bro,nice weather down the mountain and snow up it,id kill to hit cali for boardin

Beachbum1546 said:

It goes like this. With snowboarding, it's considered easy to learn and hard to master. The initial learning curve goes very fast on a snowborad, there is a lot less stress on your body, muscles and joints. The balance feels a little more natural and it helps that you have only one plank under you. This is one of the reasons it's gaining popularity with young and older people alike. Mastering snowboarding will take you about 3 seasons, depending on how fast you break through mental barriers.
With skiing, it's very hard to learn. Your legs will literally turn to mush within minutes of carving, that's when you actually learn to carve. Your skis will pull you in 2 different directions at the beginning. Skiing is difficult to learn and easy to master, because once you learn to ski very well, your skill level will be high enough to be close to the master level. There's just so much more to learn in skiing so it makes it a sport for the truly commited and more patient. I like the fact that you can learn boarding so fast, it helps our sport out with the young and impatient. For skiing plan to spend 5-8 seasons mastering it. I mastered it at the end of season 2. BUT that was 40 days up on the mountain between the 2 seasons. Sometimes i spent 13 hours per day, practising strictly technicall skills to become an expert, this was in conjunction with gym time for my legs, hips and calves. But taking high speed passes while turning on one ski is sooo much fun.

I love to ski with snowboarders. It makes the whole experience a whole lot of fun. It's two totally different styles and yet they both do the same thing. My favorite are head to head races with boarders on double blacks. Sooo much fun and such a rush to do bombing runs, terrain park is fun as well, i love hittig the jumps at a high speed and catching major air AND distance. The adrenaline rush is better then any drug. As long as my body holds up I'll ski for life, then I may switch to boarding.

Beachbum1546 said:
one more thing
i just a new all burton set-up
all 2005.

Board: Jussi 159
Bindings: Missions; silver
Boots: Freestyle; black, warm grey.
you might ponder why i got "cheap" boots. i have worked in a ski shop for 3 years and i have tried everything we have in the store and the freestyles are the most comfortable pair i have worn. even the $380 SL-7s dont hold a candle to them.

IMHO snowboarding cant hold a candle to wakeboarding

Top Bottom