Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ginseng increases testosterone 10 fold?

Sterone said:
All I know is that when I take 6-10 grams a day of quality siberian gensing I feel the difference. It affects the adrenal glands so I thought it might affect testosterone levels too, since the adrenals also produce testosterone. In various studies, ginseng increased testosterone levels and sperm count in animals, so maybe it's possible that it could do the same in humans. Maybe someday I'll get around to doing my own test, testing my test levels and then taking 6-10 grams of ginseng then testing them again to see if there is a spike. But it's not high on my priority list since I already know I feel a difference when I take it, so what's there to prove?

tHEN YOU WILL HAVE THJE SAME (OOPS CAPSLOCK) same problem that researchers of test have... namely, that test is released sporadically throughout the day anyway.. a mg here.. another mg a bit later.. all in response to LH.

So will you be measuring an increase or a natural spike?

Again, ginseng and tribulus are shitty shitey shit shit.

GaryWary said:
namely, that test is released sporadically throughout the day anyway.. a mg here.. another mg a bit later.. all in response to LH. So will you be measuring an increase or a natural spike?
If I did a study several tests would be done, spread through out the day and for several weeks off the ginseng, then on it. That would be the proper way to do it to overcome the natural spikes. You measure the natural "spikes", then when you get the feel of what they are, you add the ginseng. Then if the "spikes" and overall levels of test increase, maybe 50% or maybe even 70% then you know you have sometihing. But like I said, I doubt I will ever do this test since I don't give a shit about proving it to anyone. I know it works for me and that's enough. I don't see the point in wasting my time proving it to anyone else.
GaryWary said:

Again, ginseng and tribulus are shitty shitey shit shit.
Sorry you're going to have to be more specific if you want to me to understand whatever it is you are trying to say with that statement. I know there has been instances of herb wholesale companies keeping their stock in large unprotected barns and warehouses where rats got into the product and contminated it with feces and who knows what else. All I can say is this is another reason to do your homework before purchasing herbs or supplements. Know the company you are buying from and where they get their product.

Either the article's bogus or you just can't carry over the results to humans. I just did a research paper and found no evidence whatsoever that ginseng affects sex hormones, especially testosterone and estradiol. A number of studies have demonstrated no effect- if you want references just ask and I'll list them.

And gary wary's right, tribulus is snake oil too. Alot of research on it was conducted by Tribestan and one of the major studies which was relied upon by the industry which shows an increase in testosterone and sexual potency was done on RAMS that had sexual problems. So unless you're an impotent ram (lol), leave the crap on the shelves at the supplement store and stick to the good stuff.

In Asia, ginseng remains the most popular herb for restoring sexual desire and function. best known as a tonic herb that can improve averall health, ginseng is also a rich source of plant hormones, which can enhance both energy levels and sex drive .Although human studies are scarce ,(animal studies )have shown that ginseng can increase testosterone levels,sperm production ,and sexual activity in males .

I was going to take 1,000 mg a week of test and 800mg of EQ but shit after reading this i think im going to do a all ginseng only cycle ;)

I have been drinking Sobe green tea with Ginseng for the last 3 weeks......Is that why my nuts are shrinking? And all this time I thought it was the dbol!!

Top Bottom