Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foods to avoid when cutting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good tips here, thanks all. I didn't know about salmon, as I eat a lot of it. Guess I'll need to stop. I'm currently on a cutter, and am basically adhering to a paleo-ish diet, where I really only get all my carbs from vegetables. Post workout, I do ad some dextrose to my shake. I've always done this, and have heard arguments for and against it. In the mornings, I run fasted straight out of bed, then workout after work in the evenings. I did this same setup last year around this same time, and got majorly shredded. This year, I'm 4 weeks in, and feeling a bit lethargic during workouts. Can anyone comment on carb timing? I'd really like to know more about when I should be eating the carbs I do eat. Thanks all.

What about fat free plain yogurt? Is that bad during cutting. I saw some yesterday at the store and scooped it up because I thought I remembered reading that its a good cutting food. In one cup there is 22g protein and 7 carbs.

What about fat free plain yogurt? Is that bad during cutting. I saw some yesterday at the store and scooped it up because I thought I remembered reading that its a good cutting food. In one cup there is 22g protein and 7 carbs.

Don't get me wrong yogurt is the bomb, especially with all the protein and if you scoop with a few servings of protein powder, damn you got a good serving. But you would want to avoid dairy products if your trying to cut..it won't help the process

the biggest mistakes guys make is bread. bread is a killer.. i dont care if its whole grain, its an absolute killer if you are cutting. fruit juice drinks too.. and if you are gonna eat yogurt please be smart and don't buy the ones that have sugary fruit at the bottom lol. those are actually the worst thing you could eat.

Wow. I'm stunned. I'm not being sarcastic, dylangemelli. You look awesome and sound like you know your stuff and I'm always looking for new info. but if you shouldn't eat carbs except post-w/out and no rice, potatoes, for me that leaves beans and oats. I'm not in favor of oats because of the sweetening factor that goes with it. I don't like savory oats. So it seems like you mean a high protein, low fat diet. Fair enough but where is the energy coming from for w/outs? Load up on carbs post? But what carbs? And you say no carb loading, so I'm confused. I know BBers that do this right before a contest and they eat protein only, nothing else. But that's just the last few days or week. I hope you will respond.

I think you will be surprised by the amount of energy you have when you avoid sugars and carbs. sometimes when you get a sugar high and fluctuate insulin levels you end up feeling beat down and tired. give it a shot. you will feel more energetic and healthier.

Good tips here, thanks all. I didn't know about salmon, as I eat a lot of it. Guess I'll need to stop. I'm currently on a cutter, and am basically adhering to a paleo-ish diet, where I really only get all my carbs from vegetables. Post workout, I do ad some dextrose to my shake. I've always done this, and have heard arguments for and against it. In the mornings, I run fasted straight out of bed, then workout after work in the evenings. I did this same setup last year around this same time, and got majorly shredded. This year, I'm 4 weeks in, and feeling a bit lethargic during workouts. Can anyone comment on carb timing? I'd really like to know more about when I should be eating the carbs I do eat. Thanks all.

I personally have my carbs only after i get home from the gym, i train mornings while fasted on BCAA. Past 12:30pm my only carbs come from my whey shakes, and I guess a teeny bit from my broccoli and spinach

Don't get me wrong yogurt is the bomb, especially with all the protein and if you scoop with a few servings of protein powder, damn you got a good serving. But you would want to avoid dairy products if your trying to cut..it won't help the process

yes, dairy wants to be kept at a bare minimum when cutting... plain greek yogurt is the only dairy i go near on a cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom