Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dose of Proviron to lower SHBG?

Actually

Something that is also said about hormone release is that elevated levels of estrogen in the blood lead to increased SHBG release from the liver. If Proviron binds to aromatase at a higher affinity then testosterone , then this would mean that there would be less circulating estrogen in the blood and as a consequence less SHBG.

I want to see evidence however that proviron binds to aromatase or SHBG at a higher affinity then testosterone. ALot of this is Dan Duchaine "experiment on myself" type stuff instead of clinical work

gjohnson5 said:
Actually

Something that is also said about hormone release is that elevated levels of estrogen in the blood lead to increased SHBG release from the liver. If Proviron binds to aromatase at a higher affinity then testosterone , then this would mean that there would be less circulating estrogen in the blood and as a consequence less SHBG.

I want to see evidence however that proviron binds to aromatase or SHBG at a higher affinity then testosterone. ALot of this is Dan Duchaine "experiment on myself" type stuff instead of clinical work

found one--old and not on humans and i cannot remember my username to get the whole article and cite check....

Endocrinology, Vol 114, 2100-2106, Copyright © 1984 by Endocrine Society

Relative binding affinity of anabolic-androgenic steroids: comparison of the binding to the androgen receptors in skeletal muscle and in prostate, as well as to sex hormone-binding globulin
T Saartok, E Dahlberg and JA Gustafsson

It is unclear whether anabolic steroids act on skeletal muscle via the androgen receptor (AR) in this tissue, or whether there is a separate anabolic receptor. When several anabolic steroids were tested as competitors for the binding of [3H]methyltrienolone (MT; 17 beta- hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-4,9,11-estratrien-3-one) to the AR in rat and rabbit skeletal muscle and rat prostate, respectively, MT itself was the most efficient competitor. -1 alpha Methyl-5 alpha- dihydrotestosterone (1 alpha-methyl-DHT; mesterolone) bound most avidly to sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) [relative binding affinity (RBA) about 4 times that of DHT]. Some anabolic-androgenic steroids bound strongly to the AR in skeletal muscle and prostate [ RBAs relative to that of MT: MT greater than 19-nortestosterone ( NorT ; nandrolone) greater than methenolone (17 beta-hydroxy-1-methyl-5 alpha-androst-1-en- 3-one) greater than testosterone (T) greater than 1 alpha-methyl-DHT]. In other cases, AR binding was weak (RBA values less than 0.05): stanozolol (17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha- androstano [3,2-c]pyrazol-17 beta- ol), methanedienone (17 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha-methyl-1,4-androstadien-3- one), and fluoxymesterolone (9 alpha-fluoro-11 beta-hydroxy-17 alpha- methyl-T). Other compounds had RBAs too low to be determined (e.g. oxymetholone (17 beta-hydroxy-2-hydroxymethylene-17 alpha-methyl-5 alpha-androstan-3-one) and ethylestrenol (17 alpha-ethyl-4- estren -17 beta-ol). The competition pattern was similar in muscle and prostate, except for a higher RBA of DHT in the prostate. The low RBA of DHT in muscle was probably due to the previously reported rapid reduction of its 3-keto function to metabolites, which did not bind to the AR [5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha, 17 beta-diol and its 3 beta-isomer (3 alpha- and 3 beta-adiol, respectively)]. Some anabolic-androgenic steroids (only a few synthetic) bound to SHBG (1 alpha-methyl-DHT much greater than DHT greater than T greater than 3 beta-adiol greater than 3 alpha- adiol = 17 alpha-methyl-T greater than methenolone greater than methanedienone greater than stanozolol). The ratio of the RBA in rat muscle to that in the prostate (an estimate of the myotrophic potency of the compounds) was close to unity, varying only between about 0.4 and 1.7 in most cases.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)

So, say for 500 mg of test 25 mg of proviron ED would suffice? What about for 1000mg?

I am kind of after a gradated scale here, if such a thing is possible.

Sensational said:
So, say for 500 mg of test 25 mg of proviron ED would suffice? What about for 1000mg?

I am kind of after a gradated scale here, if such a thing is possible.

i am happy on 50 (headaches at 75) no matter what my cycle--but at 1 gram, proviron is like taking a knife to a gun fight.

eddymerckx said:
i am happy on 50 (headaches at 75) no matter what my cycle--but at 1 gram, proviron is like taking a knife to a gun fight.

This is simply for binding to SHBG, I wouldn't use it as the sole means for controlling estrogenic sides.

an old thread but I noticed it while searching... I was kind of thinking that Masteron would have similar effects to the Proviron, possibly more beneficial though... any thoughts ?

Top Bottom